What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Reaction score
Well, an opinion from someone who knows zilch about car restoration Nathan... I would think before you part with any significant moulah, I would try to get an opinion from someone like a motor mechanic or someone who has restored cars, just to be sure mate. Just my $0.02c, but wishing you all the best with that:) Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
okay, I asked my mate who restored a Mazda RX3 sedan and he says it is a good start, with the parts and everything, so my mates gonna figure out something for me,but the import costs are another 7k so 14,500k all up :( I wish I had the damn money! I'd just get a really cheap boat shipper and it shouldn't cost less than 1500 on a cheap one, but hopefully we do come up with the money before it sells, and what do you think about Plymouths in general from 57-58?

A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
okay, I asked my mate who restored a Mazda RX3 sedan and he says it is a good start, with the parts and everything, so my mates gonna figure out something for me,but the import costs are another 7k so 14,500k all up :( I wish I had the damn money! I'd just get a really cheap boat shipper and it shouldn't cost less than 1500 on a cheap one, but hopefully we do come up with the money before it sells, and what do you think about Plymouths in general from 57-58? A Commodore 64 a day keeps the Apple II away!
That's way too much money, Nathan! Save the photo for your book and write about how you restored it to pristine shape. You will have the experience without any cost and a book to show for it! A two for one!

Reaction score
That's way too much money, Nathan! Save the photo for your book and write about how you restored it to pristine shape. You will have the experience without any cost and a book to show for it! A two for one!
i know, but I've been looking for a good car for a while though! We're going to figure something out, the car is 7,500, the parts are included, and the import costs are 7k more so hopefully I can get this car over here before it sells, then I'm going to patch up the rust and probably repaint it, and get all the trim inserts on and get it running, and take it to some tyre place and get some white walls on it :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nathan, those are BIG $$$$ you are talking about! Where is this junk heap? Sorry, couldn't help myself :D ! But seriously where is it? To cost so much for duty tax?

Reaction score
It is in the US, I am in Australia so the duty cost would be 7k and the car is 7,500 selling price, so 14,500k and I am like oh crap!

Reaction score
Did you calculate what the cost to ship the car to Australia would be?
well the car is 7,500 to buy, and I think my mate said it would either be 6-7k more to ship so either 13,500 or 14,500 to ship it to here, and I want the car so bad :(

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bestselling author Tom Clancy died last night. He was 66. AA Sent from my iPhone using iPF
I'm really sorry to hear that too! A real loss to the literary world as well as his fans and family.

Reaction score
Well, I think I can scrape up the cash in some time hopefully, and I can get the car, it is a wonderful little rust bucket lol

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is in the US, I am in Australia so the duty cost would be 7k and the car is 7,500 selling price, so 14,500k and I am like oh crap!

Finally, reality sets in! You are so good at finding trash Nathan, you just need to go out into the country, find a place that has old cars junked and piled up - get it for free. Clean up some bodies yard,

Reaction score
Finally, reality sets in! You are so good at finding trash Nathan, you just need to go out into the country, find a place that has old cars junked and piled up - get it for free. Clean up some bodies yard,
free cars are cool! My dad told me he once got a VW for free

Most reactions

Latest posts