What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me something good!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This weekend went by too damn fast.

You Americans and your crazily short weekends, we've still got another day of the weekend still to go here in the UK.......now that's good!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
What? What day is it there?

It's Easter Monday tomorrow so we get it off (Bank Holiday). Four days off over these two weekends....yeehaw.......Mayday and some strange couple getting married next weekend!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f211e133.png

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish we americans had at least 3 of your bank holidays. Every time I turn around another bank holiday. Amazing.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're just jealous. Meow! I've still got to go back to those naughty students on Tuesday and try and teach them physics but they will be awful because they will be in holiday mode.

You are right Gabriel1. Another long weekend next week. Woopeedoo Isn't that good enough for you sweet p. I've also got a huge box of Ferrero Rocher chocs, 3 Easter eggs and a decapitated choc kitty head to eat so good night you two. Ha ha.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
True but then after the end of May we only get one more until Christmas so it's not all good!

The Archangel

Isn't our government talking of extending the october( my birthday week) half term. Probably another pipe dream like the hours not put back or is it put forward. Aahhgg I can never remember.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Isn't our government talking of extending the october( my birthday week) half term. Probably another pipe dream like the hours not put back or is it put forward. Aahhgg I can never remember.

I heard that they were thinking of taking the mayday bank holiday and putting it somewhere in the autumn......may be the same thing......due to all the bank holidays occurring around the same time.

When I worked on the channel tunnel we used to get Bastille day off as well even though I worked on the UK side.......sometimes life is good!

The Archangel

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something good? Um hang on I am thinking =) can anyone see the smoke???

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This weekend went by too damn fast.

I am almost done with my 40 hour shift (yes I have a eight hour break in the middle to sleep but its long)

I go home tomorrow morning and get to hang with my little one for the rest of the week (Daddy Daycare *flex*) while my wife has to go off to work all week.

You people complaining that the weekend is too short. From my prospective its WAY too long. :D

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The main thing a holiday means to me is that I am working on a holiday instead of a weekend or weekday.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
I am almost done with my 40 hour shift (yes I have a eight hour break in the middle to sleep but its long)

I go home tomorrow morning and get to hang with my little one for the rest of the week (Daddy Daycare *flex*) while my wife has to go off to work all week.

You people complaining that the weekend is too short. From my prospective its WAY too long. :D

Seadog said:
The main thing a holiday means to me is that I am working on a holiday instead of a weekend or weekday.

what does the two of you do?

down here holiday started Thursday. It was FAST! we went out of town. but watching two kids does'nt count as a holiday!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:

Aww! Poor you. Yes, I'm afraid some of you guys did work the weekend so I hope you enjoy the time with the little guys. My husband was a manager of the local supermarket until he was made redundant so this was his first Good Friday in 20 + years. He only had to work on the Saturday this year and had Sunday and today off. He now works for a local bakery, trading in Farmers Markets in nearby towns and cities. He is a much happier bunny because the supermarket years were total slog and toil.

Most reactions