What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this messed up? You tell me.

jonnyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I went into best buys website to order something and my wife's account was still up. I had seen that she ordered me an ipad. I was happy but it was not the latest one with retina display. I printed out the receipt so when she gives it to me I can secretly go to best buy and return it to get the newest one. She will never know the difference. Is this messed up????

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, not at all. You are just upgrading...and she did get you an iPad!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jonnyp said:
So I went into best buys website to order something and my wife's account was still up. I had seen that she ordered me an ipad. I was happy but it was not the latest one with retina display. I printed out the receipt so when she gives it to me I can secretly go to best buy and return it to get the newest one. She will never know the difference. Is this messed up????

Shoot! Why didn't I think of that? No way my wife would have known the difference between my iPad 2 16Gb that she bought for me, and a 64.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jonnyp - if she checks the bills, you might have to explain the cost difference? :D

BTW - welcome to the forum! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
After 36 years of marriage - trust me. She will find out.

AA

Yup. Best to come clean. (Talking from the point of view of someone who left a set of golf clubs on the kitchen table and still hasn't had to face the fallout.)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

jonnyp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. A few years ago she had got me the flip mino video camera. I did like it very much but I returned it to get the H.D. One. Now I am very tech savvy, she could care less about electronics. I know that this sounds like I am being a spoiled ***** but. I see no harm in returning it to get the right one. It's not like I am returning a kindle fire to get an ipad. That's like a slap in the face.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm. A few years ago she had got me the flip mino video camera. I did like it very much but I returned it to get the H.D. One. Now I am very tech savvy, she could care less about electronics. I know that this sounds like I am being a spoiled ***** but. I see no harm in returning it to get the right one. It's not like I am returning a kindle fire to get an ipad. That's like a slap in the face.

She got you what she thought you wanted...adding a retina screen is just a detail. She got you an iPad and you will have an iPad! It's like someone giving you an item of clothing...and you go exchange it for a larger size. :)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
womans point of view?.......i miss NOTHING........

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
womans point of view.......i miss NOTHING........

You're sure you're not my wife in disguise, Ivy? Now I'm worried.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at all if my husband wanted another gift instead of one I'd bought. But I'd be hurt if he tried to do something behind my back and I found out. YMMV.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at all if my husband wanted another gift instead of one I'd bought. But I'd be hurt if he tried to do something behind my back and I found out. YMMV.

I second that, Kaykaykay. Often times, I am buying the wrong version of something for my husband. I know full well and also give him the gift receipt to exchange it to something else if needed.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife knows me well. There's little I want that can't be found at Golftown or the Apple Store.

But I'm soft anyway. I'd never change or dispose of anything she gave to me.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I agree with Kay, after being married 3 times, and this time for 35 years, there is nothing wrong with letting her know. You will have to pay the difference anyway so tell her up front.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As long as you pay cash for the difference it might work.

Most reactions

Latest posts