What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teenagers

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doing a lot of work around the house for the next few days. Decided to do a bit of grilling today for wife's family. One sister brought the granddaughters, three teenagers 15-17 years old. About mid way through the afternoon, I was doing something on my iPad. All of a sudden, all I could hear was "Is that an iPad? Can I see it?". Needless to say, between them and my BIL, I didn't get my hands on it until they left.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha. Same thing happens to me. A couple of friends now want to get their own, but until then, they ask me to bring mine along for them to use. Others ask to see it, but nukes I know you, that ain't happening...you can look over my shoulder, but no touchy touchy. Lol

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drives me nuts. People come up to me in the airport and places all the time and bug me. You're nicer than me though, when people ask if they can see it, I tell them sure...go buy one.

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm 14 years old, but when I get my iPad I'm only letting my friends look at it and on the slight occurrences where I DO let them touch the iPad, they can only touch what I tell them to touch and they can only touch something as long as the iPad is in my hands.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it started out in my circle of friends beening me haveing one and they where telling me i was a apple fanboy club member and now they all have one after seeing me play with my ipad ..

V66jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it started out in my circle of friends beening me haveing one and they where telling me i was a apple fanboy club member and now they all have one after seeing me play with my ipad ..

Same with me, everybody said I was such an apple fan boy for buying one, now they've all ordered one!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one of the guys i know up in the bay area.told me that he can no longer go out the house without haveing the wife ask him if going by the apple store to see if they got any new ipad access in for both him and his wife and little girl own a ipad ..he blames me for that one..

another friend is now a socalled fanboy type down in LA area he blames me for turning him lose in the apple store that day and letting him spend over $.1200.oo dollars in the apple store for i went to the apple store to put up something for my imac and he went along and the next thing i knew he was standing there with a bag full of ipad access and a ipad unit in hand ....

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three teens at my house right now playing computer games on the desktop co putters (I have 4 desktop computers), but I still can get on the net with my ipad!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doing a lot of work around the house for the next few days. Decided to do a bit of grilling today for wife's family. One sister brought the granddaughters, three teenagers 15-17 years old. About mid way through the afternoon, I was doing something on my iPad. All of a sudden, all I could hear was "Is that an iPad? Can I see it?". Needless to say, between them and my BIL, I didn't get my hands on it until they left.
How did you get the saliva off of it?:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People bug me all the time about mine, it's new, it's bound to happen. My iPad helped me get a job a couple weeks ago...I went in for an interview, and they wanted to see my reel so I pulled out my iPad and played it for them. Now every time the VFX sup comes to my desk and sees me using it he goes "that's so cool" lol. I'm sure he'll break down and get one too...lol.

adam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I am a teen, and it's my iPad when it arrives. :D My mum also paid some money towards it so she will be allowed to use it sometimes, only when I say, mind.

Same happens with my 3GS at school... gets on my nerves so much.
they call me stingy, so I say 'Aren't you the stingy one not having bought one yourself and trying to use mine all the time?' That usually gets them :)

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the Kindle was introduced, mine attracted a lot of attention when I brought it out. With the iPad, I'm more circumspect when I use it in public and more standoffish in my demeanor to discourage at-large requests.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some of the places i did installs at when i go back to do a back check iam starting to see people with them there ..i person who i talked to told me that it was watching me play on my ipad got him to thinking about buying one ..

Robotguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two daughters, 12 and 14, who managed to save enough to buy iPod Touches for themselves after drooling over mine for almost a year. Now they want iPads. I got mine 4 days ago and it has already become the new unit for monetary analogies: My older daughter is babysitting this summer and she said "I will make enough to buy 2 iPads and still have some left over for an iTunes card!"

We were all three playing Pocket Legends yesterday and they really liked the extra screen real estate on the iPad.

As for letting other people play with my iPad, it feels almost like letting someone use my toothbrush. But then, I'm an only child and don't share well:D

Obfuscation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am really protective and considerate with all of my electronics and anything I really like in general, so I think when I get my iPad the only people that I will let see it are my parents and girls that I like ;) They liked my iPhone a lot when I got it. Even when this thing becomes obsolete, I am going to keep it in pristine condition.

I like collecting electronics. haha.

Most reactions

Latest posts