What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irfanview Equivalent for the iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first question post (left one in the intro forum) - just acquired an iPad2 which I plan to take on the road (in the past have brought along either an old IBM w/ Ubuntu or a Dell w/ VISTA) - obviously, I want to 'match' some of the same routines we are use to w/ these other computers.

But for a start, I often take pictures on trips, then upload them to the computer, and using an imaging program (typically Irfanview for Windows) to crop & resize, for eventual attachments to family, friends, or other forums - I really enjoy this program but there is only a Windows option!

Now, my needs for this purpose are simple, i.e. need to crop and need to re-size - THUS, is there an iPad app that can do about the same job?

P.S. I've already purchased the iPad Camera connection kit, so I can just remove the SD card from my cameras and transfer the ones desired to the iPad - so just need to be able to 'alter' them to my preferences.

I would appreciate any suggestions - thanks all & looking forward to participating in this forum. :)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Paid: Photogene
Free: photopad

Also just a simple little trick I learned from my neice.....
Open the pic you want to crop within the native photo app and using 2 fingers enlarge pic till only the portion you want is showing on the screen then pressing the power & home key simultaneously will take a snapshot of your screen.
Waaaalaaaa....Now you have your enlarged cropped pic.

Last edited:
OP
giradman

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Outlaw - thanks for the recommendations - looked at both programs briefly at the moment and either should serve my purpose(s).

Will take a much closer look later and read the reviews - :)

Reaction score
Photoshop Express will also let you crop/rotate images.

Regarding resizing, personally I wouldn't bother. Just add the images to an Email, tap on Cc/Bcc and select your preferred image size. That way you send smaller images, while still keeping the larger original and it is quick.

algy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outl4w.love that trick in your above post. Very neat.
Dontunderstandmyipad.........I have PS Express and I cant seem to re-size.
How do you do it as this is exactly what I need to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts