What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking my iPad into the wild for the first time

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm heading out on my first business trip with my iPad on Sunday. I think I'm ready :) My Marware Eco-Vue case arrived today. I set up my 3G account. I have a neoprene sleeve in case I decide I don't like the Marware case (unlikely so far). What am I missing?

I'm still taking my Macbook Air since I need it for some corporate apps that don't run on the iPad, but I'm guessing that it will stay in my bag most of the time :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm heading out on my first business trip with my iPad on Sunday. I think I'm ready :) My Marware Eco-Vue case arrived today. I set up my 3G account. I have a neoprene sleeve in case I decide I don't like the Marware case (unlikely so far). What am I missing?

I'm still taking my Macbook Air since I need it for some corporate apps that don't run on the iPad, but I'm guessing that it will stay in my bag most of the time :D

It gets easier over time.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine with me to jobs all the time to keep me entertained, tomorrow however will be the first time I will be taking it in to a new client meeting to bid on a job. Should be cool being able to show my work on it instead of hoping they have an internet connection that works and QuickTime installed on the computer.

GiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good luck and report back. I've used mine in meetings and it worked out really well.

I just came back from 2 solid days of meetings. I have the 3G and the $40 Apple case. Case is awesome. The iPad right now is a bit distracting in meetings, because everyone wants to talk about it. That will subside.

I did find it difficult to take notes on it. I know I couldnt do inking on it very well (a shame), and I love the keyboard in landscape. I guess I just found it hard taking my eyes off of the person i was talking to so I could focus on typingI guess I wish I could do full blown inking in a Onenote like app (the only thing Tablet PC's do extremely well). That aside, it was a dream to use and take with me...

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I found the 6' power cord to be quite useful on my 2 week trip, used it in the car with an inverter to charge when needed and worked great as a wall charger when at the hotel.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use the combo cig plug in and folding electric power unit with cord for basically all around use in the car or at the desk when need to power the unit ..

if loaded music onto the unit a set of headphones also along with a screen cleaning cloth and you will be for the travel..

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually I charge my iPad every 36-48h. Therefor I just make sure I have it sufficiently charged (at least 50%) before I leave. And I make sure, that my MiFi has at least one battery completely charged. Besides of that, I take my Belkin Leather case with me all the time.

If I need to go for longer trips, then I take my Golla Messenger Bag with me, which holds the iPad, the MiFi, another powersource, my wallet and business cards.

For short trips it's just the Belkin Neopren instead, because it can also hold the Mifi.

OP
R

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the 6' power cord to be quite useful on my 2 week trip, used it in the car with an inverter to charge when needed and worked great as a wall charger when at the hotel.

Good point. I have the cord on my MBA power supply all the time, so I can use that one if needed.

It would like the iPad hasn't been a problem with airport security, but I have a TSA friendly laptop bag, and if I put my MBA vertically in the laptop pocket the iPad in the Marware case will fit next to it, so all i have to do is open the case and put it on the belt. For those who travel a lot, the best thing I have bought lately (besides the iPad) is the TSA friendly case. It is so nice to hit the checkpoint, open the case flat on the belt and walk through. No more fumbling with the laptop.

Most reactions

Latest posts