What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folding stand for travel

Ron_L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really like my Marware Eco-Vue case and its built in stand, but I don't like that the magnet in the case interferes with the iPad compass. So, I am considering switching to a play through case like the Metrolpad and buying a folding stand to use while traveling. I found the Griffin A-frame on the Apple store, but I'm wondering if it would get in the way when typing in landscape.

Griffin Technology: A-Frame - Tabletop Stand for iPad

Does anyone have this stand, or are there recommendations for a folding stand that allows the iPad to be used for typing and watching movies and folds up relatively small enough to fit into my iPad murse -) (which I haven't bought yet)

Thanks!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you watched the video of that ZooGue case? It's not a stand, but a case that uses velcro instead of magnets. I believe the thread is in this Accessories subforum.

I'm using a clear Hard Candy sleek case and made my own fold flat stand for <$4.

Manzana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend this folding travel iPad stand. It's only $17 bucks.

ipad_stand_productshot.png

Portable Travel Stand for iPad | Desktop Stand for iPad | iPad Desk Holder

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
This is something I just ordered for $10 on Amazon. I don't have it yet, but should tomorrow. I was looking to find something that would work with my iPad while it is in it's Otterbox Commuter that would fold up pretty tight and fit in the sleeve I got. I will let you know if it works well. It should also fit in most messenger bags as well. Besides, for $10, it was worth a try.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KKFKSY/ref=oss_product"]Amazon.com: Menotek 16 Position Stand for Apple iPad 3G tablet/Wifi model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB: Electronics[/ame]

Most reactions

Latest posts