What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Mall Security Rent-A-Cops

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever give a thought that he maybe doing his job,maybe not as courteous as he should be, never the less he could prevent the building being leveled with many people in it. But just like the TSA at airports you do have some AH that are overcome with their authority.

Al.

I agree, why not leave the dude alone and find another place to take your pictures from? I don't understand why some people feel the need to push small things to the limit.

There are no other places. I live in florida, everything is flat and one story tall (except some 2 story apartments) with no basements. The parking garage is several stories and several hundred feet high. As you can see from the attached image the parking garage is taller than most everything else.

No I had no strange tripods, cases, or sniper scopes. Just a simple not so expensive camera that take "OK" pictures.
Canon-PowerShot-S5-camera.jpg

I went back today and took pictures for probably 40 minutes. Rent-A-Cop didn't show his face this time.

I prefer to take my own pictures for my desktop wallpapers.

Some very impressive clouds in them thar pictures Mike.:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Nikon D300 last month and I am still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles,however I keep my trusty Canon SD 800 in my pocket.

Al.
I have a Nikon D40 and I would say that about 95% of the time it is in full auto mode. The camera (like my wife!) makes better decisions than me... most of the time.

353_25420_D40_left_d.png

But I do have a really cool Nikonians.org strap:

strap-shop.gif

and a baseball cap:

nikonians_cap_nikon.jpg

That I won on a contest on the Nikonians podcast. (I don't know who the woman is that is wearing the cap, but she was not included!)

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
here something else i can stand about stupid mall cops.. i allways keep a daypack with me before the i got the ipad and went over to carrying it in a sling bag..
i been stoped twice comeing out of a store and ask to see inside the slingbag for they have thought i did not buy the books i have in the bag ..

one of the bookstore workers told the guy i just rang him up and they are in the bag without a bag ..i just learned to pull the credit card slip out of the wallet and show them ..

the bookstore i go to in l.a. area is used to me carrying a day pack for i allways show them the inside of the bag and offer to leave it at the counter they tell me it ok and just keep the bag ziped up when iam in the store ..

the stupid mall cop said he watch me open my bag and take a book off the shelf and put into the bag ..which was b.s for i was showing the sale lady do you have any more books by this person for i was looking for a couple of the books in a series i was hooked on and could not find them and i had showen the same sale lady the books inside the bag when i came into the store..for she and i was standing there talking about the series and she told she would order the books i did not have ..all in the plain veiw of the socalled mall security guard dips--t-person..

i told the person the next time you tell me i have stolen something from the store you paycheck is going to be mine for a very long time..i get tired of the stupid people in the mall security payroll..

the only mall security officers i have ever seen that had there s--t togerther was the mall of America security guards ..my girlfriend and i went back there for a couple days for her work and we went to the mall there and they where pretty good about a lot of things ..we had lost our way out to the parking lot and the one officer was nice enough to take to the area and show us where our rental car was at..to me they got there s--t togerther ..when i ask them do you what to see the recipts for the stuff we bought they looked at like why..i told them about the problems in the la malls i go to and he just laugh and said if you took them out of the store and did not pay for them you would not gotten far for they would been on top of quickly by eye in the sky system that they have installed around the mall.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some mall cops have inferiority complexes, some just get p*ssed about the lack of respect they get, and add the total lack of training. Two of my nephews are security guards, licensed to carry, and it is scary what little support and supervision they get.

OP
MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Some mall cops have inferiority complexes, some just get p*ssed about the lack of respect they get, and add the total lack of training. Two of my nephews are security guards, licensed to carry, and it is scary what little support and supervision they get.

My friend is a mall cop and security for a hospital and he isn't like this one that didn't want me taking pictures.

max6spd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to a mall in Jersey over the weekend. While "dining" in the food court, a customer got into a fight with someone working over the counter. Don't know what it was about, but there was a lot of screaming. Anyway, mall cops showed up to separate the ladies. These guys looked like tools as a) we were indoors, b) it was about 8PM, and c) they were wearing sunglasses. Anyway, local law enforcement shows up ("the real cops") and the real cop told the mall cops that he's got it so the mall cops just stood off at the sidelines and tried to look busy/important with their sunglassses. I had to laugh.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL why build a top floor if no one is allowed to go to it? Stupid mall cops annoy me, they are pretty much useless, I really dont think they were trying to keep someone from leveling the place lol

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Boston last year and went into a state welcome center downtown. The place was multilevel with a coffee shop, gift store and tourist information. It was a very unique building with a glass ceiling. So I went up to the top floor and took a few pictures. Two REAL cops stopped me and told me taking photos in a PUBLIC building is illegal. So I went to a downtown mall for lunch. There was a 3 story waterfall in the center and I took a few shots of it. Guess what, mall security told me the merchants forbid photography in the mall. Go figure.

Most reactions

Latest posts