What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Daughter was just mugged!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She is a manager at Starbucks and was leaving in broad daylight to take the deposit to the bank. She was jumped in the parking lot, knocked down, kicked, until she gave up the deposit!

They had to know they take the deposit at this time. This is not the best area either. Customers ran out to help her and the dude ran and jumped in a white car and the license plate was covered!!

On my way there now ~ She was not crying at all ~ 8 cops are there now with her and the fire dept and ambulance. She told me to just sit here and wait as we are 17 miles away.

I can't wait any longer.

What is wrong with people? :(

mmmt69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. I pray they catch the thief!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me too! She is on her way home now. They got a lot of money, man. And she held on to it too, I was just told. I will kick her myself for that!

Thank You! Just sitting here waiting...

salnig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry hope she's ok that's the most important thing.I do hope they catch the low life.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, babe. Just sitting here. I don't wait well. She just called and refused the ambulance ~ no surprise there and now they have to do an incident report and call the District Managers to report all the money is gone!

Goodness ~

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Marie, I just caught this thread. I hope you are both OK (I'm certain that you are worrying too)?

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! She just walked in and now she is on the phone with her boy friend who just called from Afghanistan. NOW she is crying! LOL!

Lord. 10 cops came! 5 cop cars! Can you believe that? She was about to pop her trunk to her brand new car, to get her sunglasses and she said she heard running behind her and he said "gimme your bag gimme your bag"

Of course ~ Amber said "not such nice things", and finally she had to give it up. My daughter is hella strong too ~ I keep thinking what if.....he had a weapon. All this could have had a completely different ending.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Thank you! She just walked in and now she is on the phone with her boy friend who just called from Afghanistan. NOW she is crying! LOL!

Lord. 10 cops came! 5 cop cars! Can you believe that? She was about to pop her trunk to her brand new car, to get her sunglasses and she said she heard running behind her and he said "gimme your bag gimme your bag"

Of course ~ Amber said "not such nice things", and finally she had to give it up. My daughter is hella strong too ~ I keep thinking what if.....he had a weapon. All this could have had a completely different ending.

Just be thankful that he didn't have a weapon!

Her employers need to protect their staff, maybe at least 2 employees go with the deposit or, like they do with a lot of places over here, a security company picks it up from the store.

It's good that she is back!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They better do something and they better do it quick. These guys open at 4AM. That is the time I am always worried about and closing. NOT 1030AM.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, Marie! So sorry to hear about the situation with your daughter. I hope that they catch those jerks. Glad to hear that she is ok, she sure sounds like one tough cookie. I agree with Gabriel, leaving work should be done in groups for safety. Based on this situation, closing and opening procedures should change. I wish I could come over and pour you a stiff drink to calm the nerves....that always helps me. Take care. Hope the cops catch those bastards.

Most reactions