What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange occurance on imessage ..

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i dont know how this happened or what causing it, but i found that the "in-coming message box" on my imessage app, (where we read the other party message) is now in BLUE color rather than the usual gray ... i don't have any blue themes installed .. i have tried uninstalling everything in winterboard and deleting all the messages ... i even tried rebooting my ipad ... and yet the "blue box" came back again with the in-coming messages ..

does anybody have ny idea how to fix this without jeopardising my jailbreak ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iMessages (over the web) are coloured differently to SMS messages (from a phone using SMS). Are you sure that isn't the difference?

Or are you saying both sides of the conversation is now blue?

Last edited:
OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeep aware that imessage and sms are in different color .. but what is happening on my imessage is that all boxes (the send and the in coming) both are in blue color .. while the send box in the usual light blue and now the in coming box have a darker blue (usually grey ..) ..

Attachments

• image-2438375431.jpg
    image-2438375431.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3,825
Last edited:
OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
.. well, i guess there is nothing can be done with this occurance ..? .. fatboy or anyone with any thought .. ??..

my imessage still function properly although a bit hard to read the in coming message wit the blue color ..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a theme loaded (whether it's blue or not)? Because all I can think of is that a theme has changed your chat bubble color.

Regardless, you should be able to change it back, whether it's with your own theme, modifying a theme you already have or changing the stock images. Let us know which way you want to go (I recommend theming ... as I'm never one to suggest mucking with stock stuff) and we can help fix.

Marilyn

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@marilyn ... i do not have any blue theme installed at all .. all i have on my winterboard is what is shown on the imsge below .l. nothing else . i have tried uninstalled everything once, but yet the dark blue on the bubble still showed up with the in coming chat ..

Attachments

• image-3136708475.jpg
    image-3136708475.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
willerz2 said:
Try changing the SMS filenames. In your case, I think the file you're looking for is [email protected].

are you referring changing the file name on ifile ? .. truthfully, am reluctant to do any altering from the ifile .. i am not an expert on tht area .. :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, nammi, let's try this:

1) Using iFile, go to the folder on your iPad following this address - /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework/. Inside that folder should be three PNG images:

Balloon_1.png (which is a green text bubble ... outgoing text)
Balloon_2.png (which is a gray text bubble ... incoming text) <---- this is the one you say is that odd blue...
Balloon_Blue.png (which is a blue text bubble ... outgoing iMessage text)

Are those images there? And, are they the correct color? If yes,

2) Again using iFile, go to all the themes you have installed in Winterboard. The main iFile address for themes is /var/stash/Themes... Look within each theme for this folder [ThemeName].theme/Bundles/ChatKit.framework/. See if any have modified that particular PNG image you have as blue.

NOTE: I may have the specific folder name wrong for the themed images. I don't have Winterboard on my iPad1 any longer - so I'm going off of memory (and looking at my iPhone). You may just need to search inside every folder within every theme for that PNG image. So, you might have to look in these folders too: Bundles or com.apple.chatkit. Sorry...

Now, if you have no success there (the images are correct and no theme is changing that PNG image), the only thing I can suggest you do is build yourself a theme to make that PNG the proper gray. Cause, honestly, I have no idea why it isn't! :( Especially since you've said you've done a reset, respring and a reboot!

So, if you are willing, I can help you put together a personal theme to put that PNG image back to gray. All you'll need is a personal computer (cause it's much easier than doing it on the iPad), the free program iFunbox (for Windows ... cause I hope you have a Windows PC) and the Cydia tweak OpenSSH installed. If you're willing, and have all that - let me know and we'll do some theming.

Sorry this is so complicated, but you're problem sure has me stumped...

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn ..

First and foremost : my thanks to you for your reply and for trying to give such an elaborate suggestion to solve this problem.

Now as for your suggestion :

Point 1. :

Checked the folder : system/library/privateframeworks/chatkit.framework/ .. and these what i found :

Balloon_1.png
Balloon_2.png
Balloon_Blue.png
Ballooninputfield.png

These are the images that inside the above folder .. So i suppose they are all in correct order and color ?

Point 2 :

Checked the /var/stash/themes ...

Upon checking all my installed themes on winterboard, there are only 2 themes that have the .. theme/bundles/com.applechatkit, which are :

- Blaze ipad theme : has exactly the same png files as "point 1" above on its bundles/com.applechatkit/

The other theme :

- Blueipad V2 themes IOS 5 add on : has only Balloon_2.png. &. Ballloon_Blue.png. ..

- Blueipad V2 by JMG : interestingly has "fond wall blue.png" on its folder, but do not have com.applechatkit on its bundles

(note that those themes are on the winterboard, but currently not "checked" as installed .. they just sit on the winterboard ..)

As for my other "themes", none of them has com.applechatkit on their bundles .. Some have only "com.applespringboard" inside its bundles folder ..

>>>> So by looking at the above two points, could you detect any irregularity ????

As for your last suggestion to create my own theme should there's no success : thank you for your offer to assist me, but at this time i am not quite sure on going into that direction ,, not worth wasting your time .. beside i do not have a PC, i am on Macbook ..

Sorry to have you stumped with this strange occurance ..

cheers ..

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to update this strange occurance :

1.Uninstalled both the blaze ipad and blueipad V2 themes from winterboard using cydia
(so no more theme that has chatkit framework on winterboard).

2.Changed the SBSetting theme from "blue" to default
(i did this just to get eveything with "blue" out of the way)

3. Respring twice from winterboard and iwipe cache.

4. Reboot my ipad

5. Ask my friend to send me i message

6 And ...... The bubble box for the incoming text STILL BLUE ,!!!!!

i am out of option (with my knowledge limitation), so for now with no more option and suggestion, i just live with it and hope for the 5.1 jailbreak to come soon so i can restore and re jailbreak ..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Checked the folder : system/library/privateframeworks/chatkit.framework/ .. and these what i found :

Balloon_1.png
Balloon_2.png
Balloon_Blue.png
Ballooninputfield.png

Quick question, nammi. That Balloon_2.png image in that stock folder IS gray, right?

Still seeing if I can figure this out ... research, research, research. It's one of issues that's just going to annoy me until it's solved ... or I kick something! :D

Marilyn

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,

elaborate with what you meant with stock folder, please .. (bear with me I am learning here :eek: .....) ...

But when i opened chat kit/ framework on ifile and clicked the Balloon_2.png using the image viewer : yes it showed a gray bubble .. (if this what you meant) ..

So there must be something that override this chatkit.framework .. Am trying to guess here, the only theme that has "blue" orientation was the BlueIpad V2.. Something in that theme must have caused this ... It just got stuck even after uninstalled

Now i do not have any theme installed nor any icon or font changes at all

p/s : to make matter worse i got parse error for this thread on my subscription on my iPad !!!... Grrrrrrrrrr:rolleyes:

Most reactions

Latest posts