What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Mike for iPad Mini

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm looking for a wireless speaker mike for my mini, which I can use with the HamSphere App. I do not want a headset! Already have one. This would be like a police walkie mike, but with the ability to use with the iPad Mini. Does such a creature exist? I don't want to plug anything in. A lapel mike might work also, but needs to be wireless so I can still hear speakers on iPad Mini.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Unkei

Last edited:
OP
Unkei

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks scifan57.
Guess what I want is just a wireless mike/speaker combo that does not make use of a separate speaker. The speakers on the Mini are more than adequate for my needs..I don't play music on it. Also don't want a table mike as they just don't work well with the HamSphere Software.
But thank you for the link!
Cheers,
Unkei

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's some interesting software. I'll have to look into it. I keep telling myself I need to upgrade my license and get some HF equipment, but myself keeps budgeting for different toys.

Afraid I don't know of any wireless mic only hardware. Not without a lot of extra gear anyway. There are a few adaptors out there that will let you use existing wireless mics (the kind used on talk shows and such) with the iPad; but you have to attache a box to the iPad's audio jack or lightning connector.

OP
Unkei

Unkei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's some interesting software. I'll have to look into it. I keep telling myself I need to upgrade my license and get some HF equipment, but myself keeps budgeting for different toys.

Afraid I don't know of any wireless mic only hardware. Not without a lot of extra gear anyway. There are a few adaptors out there that will let you use existing wireless mics (the kind used on talk shows and such) with the iPad; but you have to attache a box to the iPad's audio jack or lightning connector.

Thanks twerppoet,
Guess I'll just have to stick with the built in mike and speaker. Oh well! As to the HamSphere software, that's what prompted my XYL and I to get our Technician Licences. The subcription price includes both HamSphere 3 and HamSphere 4. The 3 version is easy to use and busy on most bands but is a very simplified software. The 4 version though is very realistic being based on real world propagation and though it is useable as it comes with the basic tranciever, you can, if you wish, purchase various plugins, including extra virtual antennas which are directional and act like real world beams such as Quads, Yagis and so on. Each is configured like it's real world antenna counterpart and has the same or similar Tx and Rx characteristics.
HamSphere 3 can also be used on mobile devices like an iPad, Android tablet or Smart Phones, as well as a more detailed Transciever on the actual computer. HamSphere 4 can be used only with an actual computer. I hope you will try it out and then subscribe if you like it! On HamSphere 3 there is a worldwide Net, called the India DX Net, which starts about 12:30 UTC and runs for about 3 hours, seven days a week. The Net Controller, Basu, and everyone on the Net is very friendly and welcoming to newcomers. Each day, various topics are brought up and discussed by the Net members, relating both to HamSphere and real world Amateur Radio. The discussions can get somewhat technical, but much information is exchanged. Basu in particular is very well grounded in all things relating to HamSphere, and Real World radio topics. I urge you to try HamSphere out for free and then subscribe. I think it's the best 30 Euros anyone interested in Ham Radio can spend! Nope.. I don't work for them!
My XYL and I are now studying for our General Ticket...again due to our participation with the HamSphere software! Sorry to be so long winded, but just thought you might like some info. We have both antenna and tower restrictions in our community so HamSphere is really a boon to us! Anyway cheers and 73s to you.
Unkei
Dave KD8WKI

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts