What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini icloud

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

So my son bought me an iPad mini love it!
However, I haven't backed it up well I kind of sort of have to the cloud under my account.
When I put my iPhone 4S on the PC to add songs I backed it up to iCloud same account. But it never sinked to my mini so I connected my mini to my pc and it wants to restore or back up from iPhone.
My son seems to think I will lose what I have on my mini when I do this. I want to know will I because, I thought all this was suppose to "sink". And moms don't know anything after their child turns a certain age :0). Thank you

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there--did you back up your iPad already on your pc? When I got my iPad mini-I set it as new. Then did a restore from my iPad 2. I wanted the same app from my iPad 2 into my iPad mini.

I just deleted your other post to reduce confusion when others come on and read your post.

Thanks,

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there--did you back up your iPad already on your pc? When I got my iPad mini-I set it as new. Then did a restore from my iPad 2. I wanted the same app from my iPad 2 into my iPad mini.

I just deleted your other post to reduce confusion when others come on and read your post.

Thanks,

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

That's fine these forms still confuse me. No my son gave me the iPad mini and I kept sending it to that cloud logged into my account but when I went to back up my iPhone and then I plug in the ipad mini and it says to back up from iPhone this is the first time backing it up. Funny thing is my games show up on my iPhone from my ipad. But I added songs to my iPhone that don't show up on my mini.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's fine these forms still confuse me. No my son gave me the iPad mini and I kept sending it to that cloud logged into my account but when I went to back up my iPhone and then I plug in the ipad mini and it says to back up from iPhone this is the first time backing it up. Funny thing is my games show up on my iPhone from my ipad. But I added songs to my iPhone that don't show up on my mini.

Are these songs purchase from iTunes or they songs from CDs that you imported to your computer then transferred to your iPhone? If that is the case, those won't show. Only purchases will transfer over if you have it set up in your settings on your iPad mini.

Check your settings...go to iPad settings/iTunes & App stores/automatic downloads/Music---turn on.

Hope that helps!

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are these songs purchase from iTunes or they songs from CDs that you imported to your computer then transferred to your iPhone? If that is the case, those won't show. Only purchases will transfer over if you have it set up in your settings on your iPad mini.

Check your settings...go to iPad settings/iTunes & App stores/automatic downloads/Music---turn on.

Hope that helps!

Hi!
No they were songs already on the computer. So you want to hear something funny? Wait or it...... Wait for it.....
My account email was a different one so dah it didn't sink lmbo :D it still says to back up from iPhone however, now that the iPhone and mini are the same lol with the same apple account boy do I feel old. It should work. However didn't know about the music thank you so much for your help!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
No they were songs already on the computer. So you want to hear something funny? Wait or it...... Wait for it.....
My account email was a different one so dah it didn't sink lmbo :D it still says to back up from iPhone however, now that the iPhone and mini are the same lol with the same apple account boy do I feel old. It should work. However didn't know about the music thank you so much for your help!

Woohoo--great things worked out!! Enjoy your iPad mini! You'll have a blast with it!!

My mom doesn't know it, but she will be getting one soon too! :)

OP
msstormies

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo--great things worked out!! Enjoy your iPad mini! You'll have a blast with it!!

My mom doesn't know it, but she will be getting one soon too! :)

Thank you! Tell her it's as easy as baking cookies. I want to get one for my sons grandmother she is 78. Got my sister hooked on it by just grabbing her finger and pressing down. She's 64 anyone can do it they just have to have an open mind.

Most reactions

Latest posts