What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad mini and music

Waynage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently brought an iPad mini, I like it a lot and is my first tablet. I brought it to go travelling, Skype, email etc.

I would like to take my music with me but do not enough space on the mini. I have been looking at the seagate wireless pro to get more space.

I want to use app called djay while I am travelling around, it only plays music in your iTunes library. Is there a way I could sync my music onto the iPad through iTunes like normal, and then move the music over to the seagate wireless drive and still be able to use built in music app and this djay program etc, this will then free up my iPad again then for apps etc?

Ultimately I want to move the iTunes music folder on the iPad to the seagate wireless drive? Being at home with my laptop it would not be an issue with home sharing etc, but I am going away for a year at least and it would be nice to have all my music with me.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be great

Many thanks

Wayne

OP
W

Waynage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found the answer......

I can use a player such as oplayer, which has URL support. The wireless pro uses urls to access the files. There is then an option in the player to launch mp3 into my djay app. It's a bit fiddly as I have hit the home button while one track is playing then go into oplayer to load my next tune in, but it works

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use your iPhone or iPod, tdhat's what they are made for and either is greatly easier to use and carry for music listening than the iPad. I only have a 32 GB iPad mini so I simply removed all music from it. It's too large to carry about to listen to music with anyway.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with carrying my music. The advice to just carry an iPod or phone is fine but the appeal of the mini is that you might not have to carry so many devices. It took some time but I made a large playlist of must-haves and favorites and synced that to my iPad. I only listen to 1 or 2 GB of my 10 GB library regularly anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts