What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype and the ongoing headset question.

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have searched the net for ages looking for an answer to this question. Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether any Bluetooth headsets work with Skype on the IPad 2?

I've found little on the subject since about July 2011, so either the issues have all been sorted or everyone's given up!

Thanks in advance for any gen on this.

Steve

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I've been able to figure out, the bluetooth headset must be "A2DP-Compliant" to work with Skype on the iPad. There are a couple of other threads you might want to look at. Just search the forums for "skype bluetooth headset" and you'll find lots of reading material.

Tom

OP
S

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah Tom I've seen them but they are all a year or so old. I can't find anything anywhere that gives a simple yes or no.

Thanks for your reply.

Steve

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll chuck this one in again. The Jabra Easygo works with Skype, audio only. It also works with FaceTime with video.

$48 from WalMart for the version that supports two devices simultaneously, $28 for the single device model.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll chuck this one in again. The Jabra Easygo works with Skype, audio only. It also works with FaceTime with video.

$48 from WalMart for the version that supports two devices simultaneously, $28 for the single device model.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Good to know - Thanks, KevinJS!

OP
S

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all. I spoke to Jabra (UK) today and they are going to get back to me in a few days after they run some tests. I'll let you know what they have to say.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s_tevep said:
Thanks all. I spoke to Jabra (UK) today and they are going to get back to me in a few days after they run some tests. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Hey Steve

Did you ever hear anything from Jabra?

Tom

OP
S

s_tevep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, still not heard anything. I'm have to try them again.

lonablanco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GO Groove Air Band headset. Aprox. $45 via Amazon partner. When Skype screen comes up, press the speaker symbol at the bottom of the screen. If you are already paired, the speaker symbol will be replaced with Bluetooth symbol. Works fine but must be done for each call. Running Skype 3.8.

Most reactions

Latest posts