What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First iPad purchase.. few questions..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS is very good at memory management and it will close an app only if it needs more than the currently free memory space.

OP
MCRVamprynxx33

MCRVamprynxx33

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jupiter7 - :) yes he did, (thanks Dave!). I may give that a try when I get my case, I just got my iPad today, amazon has yet to send my case, hopefully they will soon.

sarahgad - Thanks for the tips.

Dave - Hm.. maybe that is one thing that started causing issues on my previous tablets, I was bad to "Close all" of the apps I had open or use apps to do so. I was either bad to do that or do "Factory Resets" pretty often (more than I should have I guess lol), now sure if that could affect things but either way won't be doing that on my iPad! (well unless I HAVE to as a last option).

As for the whole location thing, I don't mind saying I live in the Mountains (I'm a bit paranoid as far as telling people online where I'm from (aside from telling my state). Long story that happened years ago (lets just say I was in chat rooms on games and had one person ask where I was from (just told them the state) and they freaked me out quite a bit), although that has been goodness probably 14 or 15 years now it creeped me out, thankfully nothing happened but they creeped me out). <-- ok hope that made sense lol.

Yikes not sure how I haven't heard about that (congress potentially allowing ISP's selling browsing history). :eek:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had 4 Ipads from the 1 (got the first week or so), the 3, an Air and now a Pro 12.9. To be truthful, I charge with cases on, (a variety of cases), don't close apps because the Ipad memory handling is very good now, live in NC in the foothills but have used an Ipad all over the state and further south--with no issues regardless of temps. i use mine outside in very hot weather. All of the ipads, to my knowledge (I gave both the 1 and 3 to others, still have the Air for streaming to Apple TV), are still working. I outgrew the earlier ones because I push them, prefer the fastest, love using a split screen and find I can do 95% of my work and entertainment on them instead of using my Macbook Pro. BTW I use a case primarily for easier handling--less for protection.

My recommendation is at least look through the IOS online (IBooks) manual--so many things people are unaware of that are possible on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts