What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHSH Blobs - Frequently Asked Questions - UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I have read the great post at the beginning and read a number of other posts......from my studies it would appear that as I am on an iPad1 I can get my blobs using iFaith (which seems to be a wise move if I can do it) however, following the links I can only see this for windows, is that correct or is there an OSX version?

The Archangel

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I have read the great post at the beginning and read a number of other posts......from my studies it would appear that as I am on an iPad1 I can get my blobs using iFaith (which seems to be a wise move if I can do it) however, following the links I can only see this for windows, is that correct or is there an OSX version?

The Archangel

Unfortunately, all ih8sn0w's tools are Windows only. There is no alternative for OSX I'm afraid. They will run OK on your Mac using virtualised Windows environments such as VMWare Fusion, Parallels, etc.

sic0048

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbee when it comes to Apple stuff. I got an iPad2 about a month ago. I installed Tiny Umbrella and thought I had saved my SHSH. I had jailbroken the iPad2, installed Cydia on it and used it fine until today. Today it totally borked on me so I had to recover it. Unfortunately, I cannot find the SHSH for the previous OS. I'm afraid I might have had the "Overwrite SHSH when Save SHSH" option selected and lost it in Tiny Umbrella. Unfortunately, I cannot pull it from Cydia either it seems.

Is there any other method of trying to extract the information from Cydia or am I totally screwed?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you probably don't have SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.3.3 - so, yes, you have lost your jailbreak.

Doesn't matter on the option to overwrite, BTW. Tiny Umbrella doesn't overwrite iOS 4.3.3, for example, with iOS 4.3.5. What it means is for TU to overwrite an existing file that is the same...

Take a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

If you follow the steps, by the end, you'll know for sure what SHSH blobs you have. Again, if you don't have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3, then you'll have to stay at iOS 4.3.5.

Sorry.

Marilyn

JOHNNYBYBLOS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just get my new ipad 2 with 4.3.5 blobs. How can I jailbreak it? Can I downgrade the blobs to 4.3.3 ? Please advice...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: Can I save the shsh blobs then Jailbreak later or better to Jailbreak now then save shsh blobs on TU or it doesn't matter at all because Apple is not sign-in 4.3.3 ?

Reason why I want to try to save the shsh blobs before jailbreak is because I want to see all the avaible FW in the middle of TU .

Ipad 2 FW 4.3.3 not JB yet .
Running on a Old Pc winXP.
Newbie sorry folks :)

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: Can I save the shsh blobs then Jailbreak or better to Jailbreak then save shsh blobs ? Newbie sorry floks

save blobs either before or after is ok, don't matter.

but in your case, it won't matter...although you are on 4.3.3, when you choose to save, you will only be able to save what apple is signing right now, which is 4.3.5, no way of saving 4.3.3 right now, none.

still go ahead and save 4.3.5 blobs, you never know if it will come in handy, always good to save all blobs that is available.

cherish your 4.3.3, don't upgrade or restore your firmware for nothing.

Last edited:

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question: Can I save the shsh blobs then Jailbreak or better to Jailbreak then save shsh blobs ? Newbie sorry floks

save blobs either before or after is ok, don't matter.

but in your case, it won't matter...although you are on 4.3.3, when you choose to save, you will only be able to save what apple is singing right now, which is 4.3.5, no way of saving 4.3.3 right now, none.

still go ahead and save 4.3.5 blobs, you never know if it will come in handy, always good to save all blobs that is available.

cherish your 4.3.3, don't upgrade or restore your firmware for nothing.

Thanks Poser I jailbreak soon when my pc stop acting up :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you don't need a pc to jailbreak this time around.
visit JailbreakMe 3.0 on your iPad using safari, you click 2 times(free and then install), Done in about 20 secs the most. Cydia will install and you are jailbroken, with all your previous stuff still remains on the iPad.

Although a computer is needed to sync and backup your iPad, and in which you should choose to have a proper running computer that will not fail you anytime soon, cause you are only allowed to sync with 1 pc at a time......its not needed for this jailbreak(4.3.3).

Pjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you don't need a pc to jailbreak this time around.
visit JailbreakMe 3.0 on your iPad using safari, you click 2 times(free and then install), Done in about 20 secs the most. Cydia will install and you are jailbroken, with all your previous stuff still remains on the iPad.

Although a computer is needed to sync and backup your iPad, and in which you should choose to have a proper running computer that will not fail you anytime soon, cause you are only allowed to sync with 1 pc at a time......its not needed for this jailbreak(4.3.3).

Awesomeness ! Poser do you have Ym I have another questions dont want to flood the forums with questions after questions. If you dont mind we chat on ym for more tips?

Here is my ym : pauljon001 just buzz me online now

Thanks again :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pjon said:
Awesomeness ! Poser do you have Ym I have another questions dont want to flood the forums with questions after questions. If you dont mind we chat on ym for more tips?

Here is my ym : pauljon001 just buzz me online now

Thanks again :)

Why not start a new thread, the idea of these forums is that we can all learn from others questions and answers, as long as it's within the rules it's better to discuss in open forum and then we all become that bit more knowledgable.

The Archangel

pipe2226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The write up is very good but it doesn't answer one question that I have. I have an ipad 2 which i accidentally updated to 4.3.5. Now I know there is no jailbreak for this and likely will never be one. I used to have it jailbroken but I can not find my SHSH blob backups that supposedly cydia automatically backs up. I am using tiny umbrella and the only blobs it saves are the 4.3.5 version. Is there any way that I can revert my ipad to the previous version I had?

I also noticed that tiny umbrella only checks for 4.3 and on. I believe the firmware I had before updating was 4.2.x

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pipe2226 said:
The write up is very good but it doesn't answer one question that I have. I have an ipad 2 which i accidentally updated to 4.3.5. Now I know there is no jailbreak for this and likely will never be one. I used to have it jailbroken but I can not find my SHSH blob backups that supposedly cydia automatically backs up. I am using tiny umbrella and the only blobs it saves are the 4.3.5 version. Is there any way that I can revert my ipad to the previous version I had?

I also noticed that tiny umbrella only checks for 4.3 and on. I believe the firmware I had before updating was 4.2.x

If you have blobs for 4.3.5 only then you cannot go back to an earlier iOS.

The Archangel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions