What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I upgrade from iPad 3 to iPad 4?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think so, the only upgrades are:

-better FaceTime cam
-lightning dock
-faster CPU

To me, personally, that is not enough to upgrade from the iPad 3. There was no actual innovation to it; only a small updating of certain parts. The iPad 3 can and will be able to do everything an iPad 4 can do for years to come.

I have the iPad 3, and will probably upgrade to the 5 or 6th gen, depending on what they upgrade

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think so, the only upgrades are:

-better FaceTime cam
-lightning dock
-faster CPU

To me, personally, that is not enough to upgrade from the iPad 3. There was no actual innovation to it; only a small updating of certain parts. The iPad 3 can and will be able to do everything an iPad 4 can do for years to come.

I have the iPad 3, and will probably upgrade to the 5 or 6th gen, depending on what they upgrade

Co-sign!!!

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on how much you can resell you iPad 3..

I got a trade-in price of $425 for my 2.5 month old ipad3 32GB WiFi from PowerMax - a loss of $174 from original payment. How fair this is to upgrade to ipad4? Any comments?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fiat said:
I got a trade-in price of $425 for my 2.5 month old ipad3 32GB WiFi from PowerMax - a loss of $174 from original payment. How fair this is to upgrade to ipad4? Any comments?

If you don't think that it's fair why did you do it?

The Archangel

OP
L

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Craigslist. I got offers for $400 for my 16GB wifi and was looking for more since I include a smart cover as well. You should be able to get at least 450.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gab, I just asked a trade-in price from the co. Though still considering, not made the trade-in yet. Still have couple days to make final decision. So what's everyone's opinion. (personally, I was very disappointed with apple's surprising move on discontinuing ipad3 for the fast ipad4 turnout, especially after talking to a crappy, so called, customer relation guy.)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only reason I could think of to upgrade is if you realised that you should have gone for 64Gb.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you have to do is determine just what each iPad has to offer and make your decision on which iPad can best fulfill your needs at this time.

fiat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi liveinla, I have never done Craigslist before. After posting there, do they charge you a fee when you sell your product? According to their warning on money transaction scam, which way is the most safe/reliable in receiving sales money? Thanks for help.

Most reactions

Latest posts