What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I upgrade from iPad 3 to iPad 4?

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have good luck with Craig's List anymore. It used to be my go-to for selling old electronics, but now the only people who ever respond to ads are the scammers. I recently used eBay to sell a first generation Kindle Fire and an iPhone 5. I don't love all the fees, but I feel like there is less chance of dealing with scammers.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sold my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 on eBay for $100 less than I paid for it 6 months earlier.
Considering all my frustrations with Android and the tablet itself I thought I did pretty good.

IMHO if I couldn't of returned my iPad 3 for a refund I would of kept it.
The iPad 4 has some nice upgrades but it wouldn't of been worth it if I had to fork over more cash. An even money deal is all I would go for.
The iPad 3 is one heck of a nice tablet.

tim coleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, unless of course you intend to buy the ipad 5 in five months time and the ipod 6 in eleven months time etc etc.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded today. Wi-fi only model 16 GB. I was going to do a Mini but I think this will work better for me. I have an iphone with Personal Hotspot so I didn't do the cellular version this time.

Since Apple seems to like to replace these every six months, I won't be getting the top of the line version anymore,lol. I tried to resist getting the 4 but couldn't do it.

xTyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Squirrel71 said:
I upgraded today. Wi-fi only model 16 GB. I was going to do a Mini but I think this will work better for me. I have an iphone with Personal Hotspot so I didn't do the cellular version this time.

Since Apple seems to like to replace these every six months, I won't be getting the top of the line version anymore,lol. I tried to resist getting the 4 but couldn't do it.

I know what you mean... You needed the latest and greatest haha don't judge and I hope u have unlimited data plan.

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most places that I frequent have wifi and I have it at home. So hopefully, I'll be OK. My ipad 1 was wifi only and it was ok.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from the 3 to the 4 simply for the additional CPU speed for viewing 'PDF' files. I keep all of my data in excel, word or PDF formats. The 3 was so slow opening and viewing pages on my pdf's. My TF700 Asus tablet did a far superior job against the 3. However against the 4 the time and fluid ness is equal. Way to go Apple. Now on to selling my Asus TF700!

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes you should upgrade so that you can give your spouse or relatives the old ipad and they will remember you forever and on the other side you get a new ipad so win win situation for all and peace in the family :D

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only reason I could think of to upgrade is if you realised that you should have gone for 64Gb.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

That's why I always get the 64; however, I've had 2 for over a year and I still about 50GB available.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think soon there will be new ipad, check around the news and see. there isnt really that huge difference between 3rd and 4th

Nobody has a clue when the next version will be out.
One thing you can count on for sure.........it's all speculation..........some say March 2013 and others say they are on a new yearly cycle, so that would put it at Oct/Nov 2013.

I like surprises so I will just see what Apple pulls out of it's hat........at any rate I'm not playing the "got to have the newest" game.

christcwl9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rlarson_mn said:
I upgraded from the 3 to the 4 simply for the additional CPU speed for viewing 'PDF' files. I keep all of my data in excel, word or PDF formats. The 3 was so slow opening and viewing pages on my pdf's. My TF700 Asus tablet did a far superior job against the 3. However against the 4 the time and fluid ness is equal. Way to go Apple. Now on to selling my Asus TF700!

Bro, my ipad 3 handles my PDF very smoothly. Mind telling me wat app u use for PDF reading?

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went from an iPad 1 to a 4. My wife has a iPad 3. In my opinion; if you're going from a 1 to a 4 it's definitely worth it, however if you're considering going from a 3 to a 4 it's not worth it. The speed difference is tiny under almost all applications. The new screen is marginally better. The be honest; I bought mine from from Apple on the Black Friday and they had great deals on the iPad 3. I kinda wish I could go back in time because the iPad 3 is so close I would have rather saved the money vs. having the latest.

Just my 2 cents...

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went from the 3 to 4 only because I was in the window of returning my 3. Other wise I wouldn't of done it but why not when they did it at no cost to me at all....

christcwl9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will see the hands on on apple reseller here in Malaysia before decide is it worth for me to upgrade or not

Most reactions