What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

minouge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone here order on April 30th? Just checking to see if anyone already had theirs shipped from that day. It still says shipping on the 16th and delivered on the 23rd, although I have expedited shipping. I called apple yesterday to ask about this, and they seemed confused as well. So they shipped, last night, a free smart cover. I'm grateful for this, I'm just concerned I won't get the ipad 2 in the mail before I leave for New York.

djhancock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could't wait any longer so I went to the local apple store and just bought one. My wife will get the other one whenever it arrives.

Original departure scan was 5/10.
Latest update shows an Anchorage, AK arrival scan of 5/13.

I'm loving the iPad so far.

Joezilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SuzyQ

The anticipation is killing me - how about you? I know I only ordered it a week ago but it seems like I have been waiting 2 months....lol. I am not good at delayed gratification! :)

Yep, I keep going to the campground office to see if FedEx left me a package, even though I know they haven't. ha If I could find one locally, I would go ahead and buy it, but alas, they are nowhere to be found.

Hang in there. We'll get ours soon!!
:D
Joe

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I ordered mine on 4/23 with engraving white 64 gb wifi model. It shipped on 5/5
and was in TC on mon 5/9 so this was fast shipping. It jumped thru fedex hubs shenzen, cn-lantau island, hk- anchorage, ak- memphis, tn-grand rapids,mi and finally traverse city,mi! I am very pleased with my new ipad 2, especially that all my iphone apps are great on my new ipad 2. I hope everyone gets their new babies soon! :D

Losfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered Black 16GB WIFI on May 4. Checked order status last night and it was still saying ship date 5/18 which was the original ship date. However this morning I got a shipment notification, it shipped this morning 5/14 from China. So a four day improvement of ship date, woohoo!
I have been IPAD-less for 10 days now since I sold my IPAD1 on EBAY and I won't lie to you, it has been a struggle as I seem to have developed quite the addiction. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the shakes and the voices will stop now

paradise392

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i ordered my ipad on april 27th and i should be getting it monday or tuesday. i cant wait! Its already in my area. I just want to go and pick it up!

Mine went from shenzen, china to memphis, tennessee, then to my state. I really want it already! Can't wait till monday.

Joezilla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting NO MORE!!!!

Well, what do you know?? I went to the Ankeny, Iowa Walmart to do some grocery shopping today and happened to go by the electronics department. They had a white and a black iPad 2 in the case. There was a guy handling the box that had the black one in it. I overheard the employee telling him it was a 32 gig WIFI only model. I asked about the white model and was told it was a 16Gig ATT model. I asked the potential purchaser if I could look over his shoulder? He said sure. After about a minute or two, he turned to me and asked me if he didn't buy it, was I going to? I said yes, but that there was no hurry so take your time and make your decision. Another 30 seconds went by and he handed it to me and said you can have it.

So......I bought it, brought it home. My new case was waiting in the mail box. My first task was to cancel my order with Apple. That took about 3 minutes.

So.............officially, I am waiting NO MORE!!! It is hooked up to my MBP syncing right now. I'll be playing and web browsing in a few minutes.

Excitement hardly describes me right now.

Joezilla:D:D:D:D:)

SuzyQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats Joezilla!

Enjoy your new toy!! I am still waiting on mine - crossing my fingers that it will come early. :)

Cflan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Losfer said:
Ordered Black 16GB WIFI on May 4. Checked order status last night and it was still saying ship date 5/18 which was the original ship date. However this morning I got a shipment notification, it shipped this morning 5/14 from China. So a four day improvement of ship date, woohoo!
I have been IPAD-less for 10 days now since I sold my IPAD1 on EBAY and I won't lie to you, it has been a struggle as I seem to have developed quite the addiction. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe the shakes and the voices will stop now

I also ordered mine on may 4th and my apple account still says it will ship on the 18th but then I checked my email to find that it shipped today! Yessss

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Losfer said:

I also ordered mine on may 4th and my apple account still says it will ship on the 18th but then I checked my email to find that it shipped today! Yessss

That sucks I ordered mine on 5/1 but counting business days it was only two days before yours so mine was saying shipping on May 16 -delivery for May 23 and than it changed on Friday that it would be delivered May 20. Now from reading other posts it just seems to be an automated date given from the day it is ordered through Apple which does not appear to be exact dates. I'm in NYC I wonder if that has some effect on where you are in the country? Are we looking to much into these delivery times, this will be my first apple product since the 4th gen Ipod, way too excited can stand the suspense!!!!!!!
Finally decided to get the Switheasy Canvas case for it, didn't realize how hard that was going to be and hoping it gets delivered in time I get the IPAD as well.

ColdFire8593

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am holding my breath about shipping! I am a mom returning to school for the first time since 99. I bought myself the iPad 2 to use for college but I am taking an online class and going on vacation 5/30. My laptop is out for repair as well. If I don't get one of them by then I'm clueless about what I will do.

I called Apple and explained my plight and they expedited shipping but that still leaves me with an expected arrival date of 10/31. ONE day too late. Eek.

BTW. I purchased the iPad on 5/10. 16 Gb wifi+3G. Expected ship date May 25th.

I sure hope Apple comes thru for me!

havie.lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On April 28th I order (1) IPAD WI-FI 3G 32GB BLACK & (1) IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK (forgive the caps - I am cutting and pasting from the order acknowledgement....) I had them both engraved... The original arrival date was supposed to be 5/14 - then it was changed to 5/18. They shipped on the 11th and they've gone from:

SHENZHEN CN to
LANTAU ISLAND HK to
TA YUAN HSIANG TW to
SENNAN-SHI JP to
SHANGHAI CN to
ANCHORAGE, AK to
MEMPHIS, TN

(They left Memphis today - and I HOPE will arrive in Indianapolis tomorrow. Sometimes there will STILL be a days delay before the are out for delivery - so I'm hoping for the 17th.... Seems odd they went back to China after being in Japan...

minouge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got my shipment notification saying that my white 32 gig wifi only has shipped. Apple threw in a blue smart cover for free for having me wait, despite the original shipping date was the 16th to begin. They didn't have to give me the smart cover but am very grateful they did. Can't wait until it gets to california!

Most reactions