What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My shipment date originally said ship 4/25 for delivery 4/26.While it was being prepared for shipment this changed to ship 4/25 for delivery 4/28. It scanned in China again last night so I have a feeling that is wrong.

Chengdu, China 04/27/20113:10 A.M.Departure Scan
EPZ, China 04/25/20115:12 P.M.Departure Scan
04/25/20113:18 A.M.Origin Scan
China 04/25/20113:02 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I am unpatiently waiting with everything ready to go! Incase Book as Temp Case while waiting for my Grove, Smart cover that I will probably return and STM Scout Bag for iPad.

Dawn

Welcome to the Forum - I just love your screen name - I should have chosen that myself. Most days can see me with my venti skinny cappuccino....

Tim

Smart Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered 2 wifi iPads at the same time and proceed to track them both which are being sent to the same address.
China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York
So far so good.
My wife's iPad yesterday says on truck for deliver and at 11:30a it shows up.
Mine however says "arrived at FedEx destination", then nothing. I call for two days and kept getting told the shipments were probably split up in NY and I should see them later in the day. Now I do enough shipping to know that if it doesn't show "on truck for delivery" in the morning, I'm not seeing it that day.
Next day, same thing. No status update and I keep getting told it will deliver by 4:30p.
I ask for someone from the depot to call me back and no one does. I call again 3 hours later and the perplexed agent says the package was sent to California.
Yes it went China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York => California
Then the agent says, oh it was probably mislabeled. Ummm... I don't think so, since the 1st one arrived and both had all the same info. My guess is some genius looked at the origin not the destination.

Of course they stopped updating the website since it would the package was misdirected.

Maybe it will show up tomorrow. But I’m not holding my breath.

iPad is still sitting in California (i.e. it did not ship last night despite multiple assurances) and the estimated delivery date no longer appears on Fedex's webpage.

nofd1236

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ticks me off to find out a friend and his wife ordered the sane exact ipad2 as I did, bit a week LATER and they received theirs three days ago... like wth..

Smart Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered 2 wifi iPads at the same time and proceed to track them both which are being sent to the same address.
China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York
So far so good.
My wife's iPad yesterday says on truck for deliver and at 11:30a it shows up.
Mine however says "arrived at FedEx destination", then nothing. I call for two days and kept getting told the shipments were probably split up in NY and I should see them later in the day. Now I do enough shipping to know that if it doesn't show "on truck for delivery" in the morning, I'm not seeing it that day.
Next day, same thing. No status update and I keep getting told it will deliver by 4:30p.
I ask for someone from the depot to call me back and no one does. I call again 3 hours later and the perplexed agent says the package was sent to California.
Yes it went China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York => California
Then the agent says, oh it was probably mislabeled. Ummm... I don't think so, since the 1st one arrived and both had all the same info. My guess is some genius looked at the origin not the destination.

Of course they stopped updating the website since it would the package was misdirected.

Maybe it will show up tomorrow. But I’m not holding my breath.

iPad is still sitting in California (i.e. it did not ship last night despite multiple assurances) and the estimated delivery date no longer appears on Fedex's webpage.

Arrived finally. After it was mistakenly sent from NY to CA, it went to Memphis, Philadelphia, Newark and back to NJ.

That is a lot of mileage.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 04/08 and just checked Verizon page for any update on the 3-4 week wait time stated and got an expected shiping date of 05/09.

I was really hoping on an early delivery but guess not.

Cya

Last edited:

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just updated my FedEx tracking. Mine is on the plane from Anchorage, AK. I might have it by tomorrow or Sat!!!! That's 5 days earlier than stated. Would be nice...

JasAU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:) :) :) I got it!! So glad it came before the weekend! LOVING it. Having read these forums for a MONTH has really helped me get started! THANK YOU!

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 64 GB White 3G on March 20th, original deliver date was May 6th. Got an email from Apple tonight and now they're saying May 26th.. What's up with that??? White???

JasAU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CaptKirk said:
I ordered a 64 GB White 3G on March 20th, original deliver date was May 6th. Got an email from Apple tonight and now they're saying May 26th.. What's up with that??? White???

I also ordered a white 64g and it seemed to take much longer than other models. I waited 4 weeks. Ordered on April 1 received today.

HoodBoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wowwwww since March 20th??? I think your better off searching for it in stores now

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CaptKirk said:

March 20 or April 20?! I ordered mar 21 and received April 18, 8 days early.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JasAU said:
:) :) :) I got it!! So glad it came before the weekend! LOVING it. Having read these forums for a MONTH has really helped me get started! THANK YOU!

I know exactly what you mean. Dropbox goodreader and air video were my first apps.

mackerelthecat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has shipped today by UPS! 32GB white wifi, ordered April 11! Wasn't supposed to ship until Monday, now UPS says it'll arrive Monday before 10:30 am! Though i'm not sure I should believe that....don't want my hopes crushed!

Munc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 3G, Black 32GB was ordered on 04.11.11 with a ship date of 05.02.11 & delivery on 05.04.11. Actual ship date has been 04.29.11, still with delivery estimated on 05.04.11. I was hoping for a moved up delivery date - it's hard waiting!
~Munc

Most reactions

Latest posts