What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

nofd1236

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got shipping notice.. one issue.. said ship date of 4/26 delivery 4/29 but in ship notice it says delivery by may 2nd but FedEx tracking page says 4/29 by 4:30.???? Guess ill believe FedEx.

nofd1236

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so now I look back at my tracking and FedEx has changed delivery date to may 3rd. Enroute to Shenzen now... Wtf?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nofd1236 said:
Just got shipping notice.. one issue.. said ship date of 4/26 delivery 4/29 but in ship notice it says delivery by may 2nd but FedEx tracking page says 4/29 by 4:30.???? Guess ill believe FedEx.

It will transport up until Saturday, but on Sunday it will be stuck somewhere if you have not received it by then. Unless you ordered priority shipping, you should get it Monday, which will be the second.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OldSalt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From Anchorage to Virginia today. I came home from work to find it sitting near the front door. I just checked and it was there since 9:00a this morning! No signature, no "we-tried-to-deliver" note. I'm glad to have it but it could have been taken. We get people leaving flyers on the door all the time - housecleaning, painting, pizza - and these are not exactly reputable folks who pass these things out! Packages have dissapeared from our neighborhood before... :mad:

Excuse me, I'm going to play with my new toy! :D

Smart Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost Got It Early, No Thanks to Fedex

I ordered 2 wifi iPads at the same time and proceed to track them both which are being sent to the same address.
China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York
So far so good.
My wife's iPad yesterday says on truck for deliver and at 11:30a it shows up.
Mine however says "arrived at FedEx destination", then nothing. I call for two days and kept getting told the shipments were probably split up in NY and I should see them later in the day. Now I do enough shipping to know that if it doesn't show "on truck for delivery" in the morning, I'm not seeing it that day.
Next day, same thing. No status update and I keep getting told it will deliver by 4:30p.
I ask for someone from the depot to call me back and no one does. I call again 3 hours later and the perplexed agent says the package was sent to California.
Yes it went China => Hong Kong => Anchorage => Newark => New York => California
Then the agent says, oh it was probably mislabeled. Ummm... I don't think so, since the 1st one arrived and both had all the same info. My guess is some genius looked at the origin not the destination.

Of course they stopped updating the website since it would the package was misdirected.

Maybe it will show up tomorrow. But I’m not holding my breath.

HoodBoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple changes your shipment status, will they send you a email saying so? I swear, im checking my order status every hour...

gma99611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got notice that my iPad2 is shipping, in Shenzen or whatever the place is in HK or China. This is my second iPad 2. The first one I ordered the wrong one, got the WiFi only, wanted the 3G. Grrrrr!! Sent that one back, had the return funds in less than a week! Was impressed. So now I play the "tracking" game. Last time it read it was still in China for a week and the next day it arrived here. Nothing on the tracking route shown inbetween.

Smart Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple changes your shipment status, will they send you a email saying so? I swear, im checking my order status every hour...

They only tell you when it has shipped, not if the date has moved up.

hellokevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man, everyone here got my hopes up. Lots of people reporting getting their iPad 2s 1 week to 2 weeks earlier than expected. I'm getting mine as well as my girlfriend 1 day behind schedule...

littlebuddha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to have to say good bye to this Thread as of yesterday i got my nice Ipad 2, thanks Ups man. All the way from china and not a mark on the outer package.
The camera's are okay to the quality is quite good, those that moan should try good lighting. indoor under bad lighting or incandesent light not so good but you get this with a lot of cameras. good light prity good quality, and its a computer not a dedicated camera. Thums up, it shifts on the browser to lot lot faster. well happy. good luck guys.

StarbucksAddict

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My shipment date originally said ship 4/25 for delivery 4/26.While it was being prepared for shipment this changed to ship 4/25 for delivery 4/28. It scanned in China again last night so I have a feeling that is wrong.

Chengdu, China 04/27/20113:10 A.M.Departure Scan
EPZ, China 04/25/20115:12 P.M.Departure Scan
04/25/20113:18 A.M.Origin Scan
China 04/25/20113:02 A.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I am unpatiently waiting with everything ready to go! Incase Book as Temp Case while waiting for my Grove, Smart cover that I will probably return and STM Scout Bag for iPad.

Dawn

Last edited:

Most reactions