What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's early on the early :D. Now I need to figure out if I can actually make it to the pickup location and get back to work all during my lunch break... 11 minutes there (best estimate).... :( I'll have to wait a little longer. Stupid digital time-card system.

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 will arrive TODAY...ordered it from store first day (ordered by 1:00 pm not knowing about super early orders). An email from Apple said 21st arrival.

Got an email on 4/1 saying item was shipped. Followed tracking number. Item shows it will deliver by 1:30 April 7.

Looked this morning and saw ITEM OUT FOR DELIVERY...April 5. HOORAY!!!!

I have tried over and over to get one. Ran to Best Buy and got there 2 minutes after they handed out last ticket. Ran to Wal-Mart, then Target ... Just missed in all this stores. Tried every day for weeks with idea that I could cancel the Apple order, but gave up. Then began fretting about issue of any parts coming from Japan might delay the order.

Really planned to wait until April 21. What a pleasant surprise!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order from Apple Canada was supposd to be shipped on April 15 and I just received an email that it has just shipped. Yahoo! It's supposed to arrive on the 8th, but I won't hold my breath since my cover took 8 days to arrive (I live far away from any major cities - in fact, the order arrived in Canada in 2 days, travelled half the country in 1 day, then sat for 5 days before getting to me).

64GB Black WiFi

Congrats! An ETA of Apr. 8 is two weeks earlier than originally reported. When did you order yours? I made my online order as soon as the website allowed in the early morning hours (4 am) of March 25th. Just wondering how Apple is prioritizing the shipments. I still show a shipping date of Apr. 15 and delivery on Apr. 20 on a White 64GB WiFi.

Munchkin52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it ....got it.

Here is sequence for iPad 2 ordered 1:00 pm March12.

April 1. 1:11 am. Shipment information sent to Fed Ex
April. 1 8:06 pm. Picked up Shenzhen. CN Package received after Fed Ex cutoff
April 1. 9:51 pm Left FEDEX origin facility. Shenzhen CN
April 2. 1:01 pm. In transit. Lantau Island HK
April 2. 11:52 pm at local FedEx facility Lantau Island. HK
April 3. 7:44 am. Arrived at FedEx location. Anchorage, AK
April. 4. 12:15. pm. Int'l shipment released. Anchorage, AK
April 4. 3:00 pm. Departed Fex Ex. Anchorage, AK
April 5. 12:41 am Arrived at FedEx facility. Indianapolis, IN
April 5. 4:20 am. Departed FedEx. Indianapolis, IN
April 5. 7:29 am. Arrived local FedEx. Michigan City, IN
April 5. 7:31 am. On FedEx vehicle for delivery

That's a lot of territory to cover in 5 days...never would have believed it!

Came fully charged, but requires a system update that takes an hour!

Cover snaps right on....I keep wanting to stick my head under the cover as it closes to make sure it is turning iPad off. LOL
Love cover except back exposed...don't like that.

Anyway, this sequence is exactly the same as the cover sent about a week ago. At last...the cover has something to cover!!! 

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bilben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order from Apple Canada was supposd to be shipped on April 15 and I just received an email that it has just shipped.
64GB Black WiFi

Congrats! An ETA of Apr. 8 is two weeks earlier than originally reported. When did you order yours?.

I ordered mine as soon as soon as the web site allowed as well - 1:17 am is what my notice says. I hope your time moves up soon. FedEx is now giving me a delivery date of Monday.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya... thanks. My order time was 1:13 am PST (4:13 my time). As of right now, my order status still shows ship on Apr. 15 and deliver on Apr. 20

einhander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrived today!

Original Order date: March 13th, engraved Black 16gb wifi.
Original ship date: April 11th
Actual Ship date: April 2nd
Estimated arrival day: April 7th
Actual arrival date Today!

Hamandcheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on the 13th. It shows delivery by tommorow but fedex still shows it in Hong Kong???

NVRENUF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was saying 10th may for delivery ordered last week,
just checked it now and its moved forward to 27th April

yeah boi!!

adman360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i ordered on march 27th, it still says it goes out april 25th. hoping mine will get bumped down soon!

pawnslinger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ship date has stayed the same, April 20th, but the delivery date has slipped by 2 days from the 23rd to the 25th... I wonder why that happened?

stompyipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was so happy to see my ship date move up by a week but.......it seem like it stuck in LANTAU ISLAND HK,,,,anyone having this problem?:confused::confused:

Order my Ipad2 on Mar 14, Ship date Apr 11, Delivers: Apr 14, hoping to see if they will up it some what....... waiting ....waiting still no activity yet hoping some day soon. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ipad2 ship.... sofar still in LANTAU ISLAND HK. Apr 5, 2011 11:15 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK
Apr 4, 2011 11:50 PM At local FedEx facility LANTAU ISLAND HK

Apr 4, 2011 2:46 PM In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK

Apr 3, 2011 5:05 PM Picked up SHENZHEN CN Package received after FedEx cutoff

Apr 3, 2011 3:17 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a staging area for a lot of the relief effort in Japan. It's apple's fault your ipad is stuck there. They chose to ship low priority INTL.. But you can't really fault anyone since this wouldn't normally have been an issue if not for the disaster.

Last edited:

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK... big news! Just got an email from Apple Canada. My iPad2 is now shipping out on Apr. 7 (instead of the 15th) and arriving Apr. 11 (instead of the 20th). Woo hoo!

Most reactions