What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
do you have emails to alert you of time changes, or do you just notice them when you log onto the apple site to check order progress?

i'm logging on about 8 times a day. so far no luck :(

I was doing that but I couldn't stand the disappointment. I check it twice--breakfast and dinner. 21 days left. Hopefully, it'll move quickly when it ships. I want it before Easter. Study crunch time is afterwards and I wont be able to play. T-21

LarryC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon iPad2

Does anyone have any shipping date experience with Verizon. Ordered my iPad2 there 2 weeks ago, was told 2-3. That was before the Japan battery crisis.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine's coming today! Ordered 8pm 3/11, original ship date 4/1, original delivery date 4/6. Shipped 3/27, arrived at original destination 3/29, attempted delivery exception (Mom left town for a couple days) so on Wednesday 3/30 I called Apple to re-route it to me. No extra cost. Left that hub yesterday and should be here sometime today.

Yay!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Mine's coming today! Ordered 8pm 3/11, original ship date 4/1, original delivery date 4/6. Shipped 3/27, arrived at original destination 3/29, attempted delivery exception (Mom left town for a couple days) so on Wednesday 3/30 I called Apple to re-route it to me. No extra cost. Left that hub yesterday and should be here sometime today.

Yay!

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

You really taking that iPad through somethings like hazing. It's been around the world in 8 days.

mickeymjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my 32 gb wifi only on March 19th with engraving. Ship date has not changed. It has been April 21st. I hope it changes too. Would love to have this before Easter weekend.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
You really taking that iPad through somethings like hazing. It's been around the world in 8 days.

Well, I'm only 7 hours to the south, in CA, from the original destination.

Apple gave me a navy blue leather Smart Cover for my troubles (there was an error on their part that contributed to the delay). Shipped from Hong Kong today at 4am, in Lantau Island at 7am. ETA 4/6, but as fast as it moves, it should arrive Monday. However...it's being sent to the wrong address (Mom's again), so I called Apple this morning and they immediately put in a reroute request so, hopefully that will be HERE by Monday.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Called Apple. The lame-o rep said that these are general dates, iPad will ship by then at latest!

So far my experience has been that each item moved faster than the initial ETA. About a week early. Once they leave Lantau Island and get to the U.S., things move very quickly.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GRRRRR FEDEX CRAP!

I called this morning for an update on the re-routing of my iPad2 from Medford, OR to Sacramento - (6 hours south on the interstate, Sac being the next nearest sorting hub for FedEx). I live over an hour north of Sacramento, which is where my local FedEx delivery van comes from. The person I talked to said it went out from Medford yesterday and will be delivered today before 4:30pm.

On a whim, I decided to check the online tracking. Showed the package is in MEMPHIS, TN right now! I'm upset because I decided to stay home today to sign for it when it got here (nobody else here), based on what someone told me with any measure of assurance. I called FedEx and they confirmed it's in Memphis, is heading to Sacramento and I should have it MONDAY (because they don't deliver on the weekends). So STUPID they have to send it all the way to Memphis when they could've just sent it straight to Sacramento or even to San Jose/San Francisco, where the nearest sorting facility is, just 3 hours from here. If they want to waste all the fuel, time, resources and manpower to backtrack in such a grand fashion like that, that's THEIR business. But when someone gives me bogus information that causes me to lose half of my day, it irks me.

UGH!

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I too received mine today. Can't wait to get off, go home, unwind and play all night!!

spenserj87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was scheduled to ship April 11, but I got the notice it was shipped today. Cool.

Shipped from HK, arrives April 7.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Delivery Date Moved Up

I have never owned any kind of Apple product so I am extremely excited on getting my ipad 2. I ordered mine March 12th at noon with a shipping date of April 11, being delivered on April 14th. I just got a notification today that I will be receiving my ipad on April 7th & it is being shipped from China.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping to receive some update this week. Everyone else is moving up a whole 7-10 days, I hate being left out!!!!!

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was slated for April 16th, got bumped up to the 14th. Bet it won't actually hit my door until the 15th as things tend to work.

Most reactions

Latest posts