What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG, OMG, I got a delivery email notification that my ipad has shipped and due to arrive on Wed, April 6!!!!

ordered on 3/14, orig ship date 4/11, orig deliv date 4/16.

I'm so freaking excited that i'm finally going to get it!!!

Geebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
spenserj87 said:
Mine was scheduled to ship April 11, but I got the notice it was shipped today. Cool.

Shipped from HK, arrives April 7.

What was your order date? I ordered 3/14 with a shipping date of 4/11 and delivery of 4/14. No change for me yet. Congrats.
Geebee

Geebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SueInBoston said:
OMG, OMG, I got a delivery email notification that my ipad has shipped and due to arrive on Wed, April 6!!!!

ordered on 3/14, orig ship date 4/11, orig deliv date 4/16.

I'm so freaking excited that i'm finally going to get it!!!

Which one did you order (she says while waiting patiently for some Apple news). Lucky you!
Geebee

shirell0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yaaay!! 

My card has been charged by the Apple on-line store on April 1. I ordered the iPad 2 on March 15th with a expect ship date of 4/19 and delivery date of 4/22.

However, I have not received a email notification as of yet about pushed up ship date but, I am thinking due to the weekend, I may not get a email confirmation of shipment until Monday with my receipt. Either way I am excited because this means progress.

Sidebar: A week ago I called apple to find out if I could pay for expedited shipping, but the option was unavailable. The rep told me that The expected ship date is the latest I should receive but possibly could get it early.

So according to other post Apple seems to be ahead of schedule with the shipments. Thats a plus. 

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You go!!! I got mine yesterday, now I'm looking around for a case or keyboard. The only problem is that there's not a whole lot of choices for the iPad2 yet.

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You go!!! I got mine yesterday, now I'm looking around for a case or keyboard. The only problem is that there's not a whole lot of choices for the iPad2 yet.

same here...so torn between going with a smart cover and a skin/microshell or a leather portfolio type thing..

shirell0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:

Thanks. I ordered the red faux leather case with a stand for $8 and free shipping from Ebay. I just typed in the search engine "iPad 2 covers". They come in all covers. I wanted to go for the planner look and do not want too much attraction to it because it is too many crazy people and theft. I guess that the paranoid side of me. My opinion is its easier to pay less for a cover 1st and if it do not work out I could always go for a better quality. Considering I just spent $500+ for the iPad 2.

Will post a pic when I figure it out. Lol!!

Last edited:

shirell0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shirell0 said:
Thanks. I ordered the red faux leather case with a stand for $8 and free shipping from Ebay. I just typed in the search engine "iPad 2 covers". They come in all covers. I wanted to go for the planner look and do not want too much attraction to it because it is too many crazy people and theft. I guess that the paranoid side of me. My opinion is its easier to pay less for a cover 1st and if it do not work out I could always go for a better quality. Considering I just spent $500+ for the iPad 2.

Will post a pic when I figure it out. Lol!!

Attached is a screen shot of what the case cover look like.

Attachments

• image-2846700400.png
    image-2846700400.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 170
  • image-2877762895.png
    image-2877762895.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 173

metheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine thru AAFES on the 12th @ 2000 hours EST and all they can tell me is a ship date of early Apr. I did get my smart cover today though.......

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 64gb black wifi from AAFES on 15 March and when I inquired they said it would ship during the first week of April. I killed my navy leather smart cover order with them which I ordered on 14 March since it wasn't shipping until early April. Got one at Target.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shirell0 said:
Yaaay!! 

My card has been charged by the Apple on-line store on April 1. I ordered the iPad 2 on March 15th with a expect ship date of 4/19 and delivery date of 4/22.

However, I have not received a email notification as of yet about pushed up ship date but, I am thinking due to the weekend, I may not get a email confirmation of shipment until Monday with my receipt. Either way I am excited because this means progress.

Sidebar: A week ago I called apple to find out if I could pay for expedited shipping, but the option was unavailable. The rep told me that The expected ship date is the latest I should receive but possibly could get it early.

So according to other post Apple seems to be ahead of schedule with the shipments. Thats a plus. 

A rep told me the same thing about exact shipping. I too was upset about not being able to receive expedited shipping as it is available now. 2-3 days for 12$ which is nothing when I'm paying 750 already. I'm think about calling back very angrily (acting of course) to see if I can put some fore behind their behinds. I really want my Padi (angelically) 19 is a long time.

einhander

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipped today! 9 days early! Scheduled for delivery on Friday the 8th, but hopefully will arrive sooner.

Engraved 16gb wi fi Black. So, in answer to my earlier question- no, engraving does not slow down.

WOOO

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats guys! I'm so hoping this happens with order. I placed it 3/28 and apple.com says I'll get it 4/28. I'd love to get it before.

Most reactions