What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scyncing Question

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will scyncing the ipad on the same system where the touch (ipod touch) is located create any problems with libraries already installed on the Touch?;)

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transferring Applications

I have successfully transferred all of my apps from iPod touch to iPad. A few don't work and a couple didn't transfer at all. those problems I can solve. What I don't know how to do pertains to an app that has a lot of stored data. the application transferred just fine, but none of the data. None of this data was ever transferred to a web site. I can, of course continue to use the iPod Touch for this, but would prefer Ipad. Anyone have any suggestions?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully transferred all of my apps from iPod touch to iPad. A few don't work and a couple didn't transfer at all. those problems I can solve. What I don't know how to do pertains to an app that has a lot of stored data. the application transferred just fine, but none of the data. None of this data was ever transferred to a web site. I can, of course continue to use the iPod Touch for this, but would prefer Ipad. Anyone have any suggestions?

Skrat i have the same problem as you ... i bet many people have the same problem ...

I hope they have think about that .... or maybe they will update the system and give us this option

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The data is stored on your Ipod Touch, not iTunes. The app resides on iTunes without data pertaining to whatever you did you the particular device. It would be nice to transfer it all from one to the other but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The data is stored on your Ipod Touch, not iTunes. The app resides on iTunes without data pertaining to whatever you did you the particular device. It would be nice to transfer it all from one to the other but I doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

you are wrong the data is also stored in iTunes, i restore my 3Gs some days ago and all the data be back and work as a charm

OP
T

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am hoping to scync both the Touch and the ipad on the same pc, with itunes accepting both. Anyone know if this is adviseable?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am hoping to scync both the Touch and the ipad on the same pc, with itunes accepting both. Anyone know if this is adviseable?

That work well , i have 2 MAC & 1 PC and all are authorized in my itunes account and i sync : 1> 3Gs 1> Ipod 4gen 1> 3G and no problem at all i have in each mobile same app's only in the 3 GS i delete some app's (is the device of my wife) and iTunes do it well

the only one point is yet i dono how to transfer the data (like the score or in app's buy) from one devices to an other

cyberdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help with syncing

Hi Guys this looks like the thread im after, ive just got an ipad so when i connect itunes it tells me my pc has previously been synced with another iOS device, Do i 'want to set up as a new ipad' or 'restore from my iphone', and what will happen if i set up as a ipad, will i lose my iphone details on itunes."

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you set up as new you are good to go and then pick and choose what you want from your library, if you restore from iphone backup it will duplicate your iphone (to the degree of compatibility) on your iPad. In either scenario you won't lose data in your iTunes. Just also be sure to name your ipad differently that way when you sync you can have your own settings as to what copies and what doesn't on anygiven time. I sync my son's ipod and my ipad on the same pc same log in.. His is set up totally different from mine yet we share a few apps... if he syncs it doesn't nothing to mine. :)

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you are wrong the data is also stored in iTunes, i restore my 3Gs some days ago and all the data be back and work as a charm

Umm not really,the apps are stored in iTunes but the backup holds everything including the settings and inapp data,now if you want to carry off your data from the apps say from iPhone 4 to iPad then you will have to restore from the iPhone 4 backup,simple sync is like installing new apps and copying off certain independent files such as music video photos but the inapp data such as login info and settings of tweekdeck for instance From iPhone or iPod can only be copied exactly to iPad by first taking a backup of iPod/iPhone and then restoring that backup into an iPad with tweetdeck,now once done you'll find exact settings and username/password used in iPhone/iPod is also exactly there in the iPad. But remember that such restore often cause instability and data loss too,so look before you leap and don't cry later.

Most reactions

Latest posts