What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector without the bubbles?

CatiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use a screen protector on my iphone but there were always bubbles around the edges and I could never seem to get them completely out.

I'm worried about my iPad screen but done want to look at even bigger bubbles on that.

Anybody know of a good solution?

Thanks,
Ellen

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I suck at that too. But this lady has it down pat and offers an example!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY0qpw6gAEE]YouTube - Reflect Screen Protector for iPad Installation and review[/ame]

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Go to your local mall they should have a stand set up with a place that sells them an installs them.

Here where I live out of the 4 malls near by 3 of them have a stand set up for either the ghost armor or invisableshield protectors.

They cover the front , back and sides and install it for you to make sure you don't get any bubbles. If you ever do get bubbles or if it peals or anything they will replace it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
i like mine for more than one reason.

#1 i know its pretty much scratch proof now.
#2 I like how it makes the metal back look shiny
#3 it adds better grip to the back of the ipad so it doesnt slip out of your hand as easy.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple case, it has a flap that covers the screen when not in use.

NotMyRealName

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's another reason to cover the iPad screen. It has a coating that could, over time, wear off. If/when that happens it will no longer be touch-sensitive. A screen cover is really a necessity.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NotMyRealName said:
If/when that happens it will no longer be touch-sensitive. A screen cover is really a necessity.

Lol, where do you get such misinformation? The oliophobic coating could eventually wear out, but that doesn't have anything to do with the touch, instead how well fingerprints wipe away. Frankly after I saw the scratch tests going around the popular websites (rusty nails!) I think maybe the need for screen protection is overrated. Conversely, I think some kind of case is essential. I also want to use a Pogo stylus for little art projects and don't want to put another layer between the marginal stylus performance and the touch screen.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NotMyRealName said:
Frankly after I saw the scratch tests going around the popular websites (rusty nails!) I think maybe the need for screen protection is overrated.

I disagree here, I handled my iPad very carefully, but after my kids played with it a few hours, it already had a small scratch on the screen.

Now, since I have the ZAGG InvisibleShield on it, I have a way better "feedback" from the screen and it is perfectly protected.

If you need more feedback on the screen - ask me.

gekkota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to use a screen protector on my iphone but there were always bubbles around the edges and I could never seem to get them completely out.

I'm worried about my iPad screen but done want to look at even bigger bubbles on that.

Anybody know of a good solution?

Thanks,
Ellen

I had the same concern. I had a hard time getting a screen protector on my Touch, so I was really worried how I could possibly put one on my iPad successfully. I bought the "Power Support" brand online--expensive, but it got good reviews. I watched the videos on their site about how to apply it, and then took the plunge.

At first I had a few bubbles (well, a lot actually...) but I used tape to lift the screen protector up and got the bubbles out. It took a while, but my patience paid off, and it looks really nice now. I feel very relieved that it's on, since I don't have to constantly be checking the screen to see if I accidentally scratched it. It's was $30, including shipping, but I am glad I went with that brand.

Good luck! :)

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the ZAGG on my iPad. There were quite a few bubbles present when I did the install. But the directions claimed that all the bubbles would disappear after a couple of days because of the properties of the material. That's exactly what happened. After two days, there were absolutely no bubbles. So, you can install the ZAGG and not worry about trying to squeeze out the bubbles. They go away.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the ZAGG on my iPad. There were quite a few bubbles present when I did the install. But the directions claimed that all the bubbles would disappear after a couple of days because of the properties of the material. That's exactly what happened. After two days, there were absolutely no bubbles. So, you can install the ZAGG and not worry about trying to squeeze out the bubbles. They go away.
I second this. It is all true.
I posted the same sort of thing Here, along with a pic showing all the bubbles I had, which indeed disappeared after a couple days.

Most reactions