What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting bubbles out from under a screen protector?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So, I just put a screen protector on my ipad 2 and there are quite a good number of bubbles underneath it.

What is the best way to get them out? Will they go away naturally?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Depends on which protector, but i just spent about 30 minutes rubbing out the bubbles from husband's new ipad. If you saw how it started you
Wouldn't believe it but they are all gone. Rub and push them toward the edge. Some times just rubbing will work but always do it with a cloth so you are as gentle as possible.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GAMESHARQ said:
So, I just put a screen protector on my ipad 2 and there are quite a good number of bubbles underneath it.

What is the best way to get them out? Will they go away naturally?

You can try and rub the bubbles toward the edge using a soft cloth over your finger tip. Or you can rip it off, get a new one and use a credit card to guide the cover onto the surface as you unroll the protective film. I ruined a couple before I learned how to apply them flawlessly ( mine go on the second the iPad is unwrapped, brand new) it's all in taking it slow and working from the center. Make sure you get all debris off the screen with a fine cloth made for picking up dust and fine hairs. Then unroll just a fraction at a time, align the cover properly onto the screen and apply credit card. It will naturally unroll itself and settle atop the screen perfectly. I buy the two pack at Walmart. One to practice with and one to apply once you get the hang of it.

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, so it took awhile, but I finally managed to get most of the bubbles out by pushing them out with my thumb. It seems to help if you try to push several bubbles together to form one larger bubble. They seem to come out easier that way. Thanks all!

Most reactions

Latest posts