What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best screen protector with NO bubbles ?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm personally not a fan of Zagg's invisashield. I find it to be a bit too expensive, too thick, and that it damages too easily(shows marring/bunching on the surface upon blunt contact). I also don't like the feel. A bit rubbery for my liking, and it isn't made in in an antiglare version. I know quite a few people who have bought invisashield for their iPhones/iPads who love it, so I'm not knocking it's effectiveness or ability to protect the glass.. Just the properties of the material itself.

Two filmsets I've come across that I do like are iShields ($35) for clear and Brookstone's filmset for iPad for antiglare ($25). iShields come with the same lifetime warranty as Zagg, but is not rubbery to the touch. The one from Brookstone's is my favorite, as I prefer to have antiglare on my iPad, and the antiglare coating allows my finger to glide across the screen like silk. I know everyone will have their favorites, and I'm sure that they will all do what they are advertised to do, but these are the best ones I've seen so far. I have personal experience with the Brookstone, and a friend of mine has the iShield. Both installed with no bubbles.

Last Gladius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ZAGG shield is a good choice is you are only going to be indoors, but obviously you would buy an anti-glare shield if you are going to be outside.

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah - with Zagg, if you know a friend who's using one or can get hold of a device with their protective filter installed, it definitely helps to see and touch it firsthand before you decide on it.

lightspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get rid of dust and bubbles the easy way.

Don't those bubbles usually come out after a few days of use?

I'd imagine any protector could come with or without bubble depending on how carefully it's applied.

Your sort of right, but it depends whats caused the bubbles. If you've just got air pockets and no dust or grease under there then the air-bubbles will usually work their way out over a few days.

But if you've got dust trapped the best way of getting rid of the bubbles is to get some good quality sticky tape, stick it to the corner (nearest to the bubble) and use that to raise the SP as to not damage the edge. Then once the offending dust is exposed you can use another piece of tape to carefully dab off the dust being careful not to touch the underside with your fingers. Then just lay it back down and the air bubbles should be gone.

That technique should work on most good screen protectors, and if you mess it up totally you should be able to wash it.

Hope that helps some of you! :)

Thanks,
Ed

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Moshi iVisor. This protector goes on in about 10 seconds with no bubbles. If I can put this thing on anybody can.

The iPad screen is made of very rugged glass, but it only takes a grain of sand to make a scratch. Talk to any pro photographer and ask them what the easiest way to scratch a lens is. Chances are, sand will be the answer.

You must be my brother from another mother. I haven't installed the iVisor yet, but it is on my "I have to get this now, no matter what discount I can or cannot get".

Once I get the skinny on their shipping to Canada, I'll be ordering it that day.

And sand, sand, sand. Our back yard is currently undergoing renos (that will never end..) and there is open sand. that is what scratched my iPad initially. I didn't realize that until I went and got it swapped out, then was like "oh, my..."

It doesn't take much. Dogs bring the sand in. Kids get it on their hands. Hands touch and scratch the screen. That's all it took.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever use an InvisibleShield product again.

EVER.

best buy was nice and gave me an invisible shield as a replacement when I brought mine back in, instead of installing the replacement I was sent from Zagg.

The put the antiglare shield on. It was the most terrible thing I have ever seen or used. EVER. TERRIBLE.

The fact that the other standard IS are so easy to cause dings/scrapes in... sure, they'll protect your iPad but one scratch on the screen of it and you're done.

Installing them is damn near impossible if you're even lightly OCD, and once they're on it's like they're extra sorts of "gummy"

No thanks. Moshi it is. Good to see someone else is happy with them.

Kramuta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a brand called iLove went on perfectly came with a thin piece cardboard that u could rubb over any bubbles that appeared. I had a few bubbles but they all disappeared. G8 screen protector.

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a zagg put on mine right from the dAy I bought it back in june. I have put on zagg on my blackberry and had some bubbles. But with the iPad I got it put on by futuershop where I purchased my iPad. And no bubbles. I guess it's experience to put them on bubbles free. So pay the money to have them on right

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im a big fan of Zagg myself and have it on all my gadgets. Installation is tricky first time, but once you have the knack it's a doddle.

Also a fan of Mori products.

Whilst I appreciate there are lots of different quality screen protectors out there, bubbles are invariably the fault of the person who installed them and nothing else!
Either bad technique or bad precautions (failing to clean the screen and take care when laying down the film) nine times out of ten.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the screen protector that came with my otterbox defender case. Never had any bubbles, I have only installed 1 screen protector. However, I believe it is all about properly preping the iPad screen.

Terry A

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protectors

Actually,typically, a photographer will use a UV filter which costs far less than a new lens and can be replaced easily. I also have the Zag film on my IPad and don't seem to have any troubles with screen sensitivity. BB says they'll replace it if it bubbles since they installed it.

lightspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst I appreciate there are lots of different quality screen protectors out there, bubbles are invariably the fault of the person who installed them and nothing else!

I agree to some extent. However if a screen protector does not come packaged with a good set of instructions or the tools to properly apply the protector like a lint free cleaning cloth (and alot don't) it's not the users fault. While testing for suppliers I've even seen some screen protectors with specks of dust already on the protector straight from the packaging! If it's already got dust trapped in there from the factory, the user has no chance. Some people having purchased the bad protector will attempt to apply it not realizing this.

From past experience I've found a good screen protector is always easier to install than a bad one - and you can't always tell the difference just by price.

lightspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually there are some protective films you can put over lenses that won't deteriorate from the image quality that much. Not that it is common by any means.

I always buy either a skylight or UV protective filters for all my DSLR lenses. Much cheaper to replace a filter than send in your lens.

Do the Skylights scratch easily? Where can you get the protective films to put over lenses, is it something you'd use much?

Terry A

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a good camera store or, if you want to shop online, just do a search for "skylights" or "slr lens protector". A lens filter is way cheaper than a new lens if you do have to replace one.

richellemedina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want a good and lasting someone Zagg Invisible Shield is a good choice. This is very strong and durable. To apply, takes a certain time and patience. I suggest if you get one, go to a local Best Buy and they'll install it for a small fee. Mine came out without bubbles and looks perfect. This type of screen cover, leaving a small "Orange Peel" effect. Some people say it affects how does the touch screen, but it works fine to me. "Or you can just let it pass. Apple has done on screen so it does not scratch easily, but I guess if you want more security, then it would probably be one of the best choices.

Most reactions