What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to - Screen Protectors

cornburglar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok. I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge but I found a good trick for getting screen protectors on my ipad without the little dust flakes underneath the protector. I don't have a problem with the bubbles. I can get those worked out but after literally a dozen screen protectors and never being happy with the results, I found a trick that helps me with my major pet peeve which is little dust flakes or hairs trapped on the screen underneath the protector.

I've always hated those little dust bits and they leave a permanent (well, until you remove the protector) reminder of how difficult it is to get these damned things on. You can use a lint roller or masking tape on the iPad screen to lift all the dust particles. It works a gazillion times better than those so called dust free cloths.

Use a

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I find a dust speck under the screen protector I peel up the screen protector to where the dust speck is and use scotch tape to remove the speck off of the protector. Then I lay the screen protector back down.
Your idea of cleaning the screen with a link roller is interesting. I may try it next time.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok. I apologize in advance if this is already common knowledge but I found a good trick for getting screen protectors on my ipad without the little dust flakes underneath the protector. I don't have a problem with the bubbles. I can get those worked out but after literally a dozen screen protectors and never being happy with the results, I found a trick that helps me with my major pet peeve which is little dust flakes or hairs trapped on the screen underneath the protector.

I've always hated those little dust bits and they leave a permanent (well, until you remove the protector) reminder of how difficult it is to get these damned things on. You can use a lint roller or masking tape on the iPad screen to lift all the dust particles. It works a gazillion times better than those so called dust free cloths.

Use a
Thanks for the tip!

I would like to welcome you to this gorgeous online community, where iPad users from all walks of life come together to discuss that very piece of technology and more. I invite you to look around and make some new posts, we could certainly use that! Make yourself at home!

We only ask that you kindly read the forum rules located here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rule...ease-read.html.

We welcome our newest member to the forum with enthusiasm and pleasure.

Goofy8275

Most reactions