What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratched screen...replacement cost?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it an iPad 2? My iPad's screen was shattered yesterday. The Apple Store gave me a new iPad. Don't they do that in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
Was it an iPad 2? My iPad's screen was shattered yesterday. The Apple Store gave me a new iPad. Don't they do that in the UK?

You must have some kind of insurance surely???

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:

Apple store will replace your iPad due to accidents as a one time courtesy. I don't have any kind of insurance.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Apple store will replace your iPad due to accidents as a one time courtesy. I don't have any kind of insurance.

Not in the UK. I read on another thread somewhere that there are different warranties in different countries, ah to be American.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Not in the UK. I read on another thread somewhere that there are different warranties in different countries, ah to be American.

It isn't in the warrantee. It's a store (more or less unofficial as far as public announcements go) policy. And deciding when to apply it is up to whatever store and support person you encounter. For the most part they are helpful, but it's always good to remember that they are under no legal obligation to replace the iPad for anything not specifically covered in the warrantee.

Which is why it's a good idea to approach them with a smile and a can you please help me attitude, rather than a 'you better fix this' chip on the shoulder. Even if they know they should, most people find it hard to go the extra bit for someone who is growling at them.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I hope the guy that is growling about poor customer service is still reading on the forum. I think the positives with Apple run about 99 to 1. What a wonderful way to ensure loyalty to new users of the Ipad2. JMHO

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:

I don't have any insurance. I don't even have AppleCare. They replaced my $829 iPad2 even though I told them it had fallen on a tile floor, screen side down. That's excellent customer service.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tarkio said:
I don't have any insurance. I don't even have AppleCare. They replaced my $829 iPad2 even though I told them it had fallen on a tile floor, screen side down. That's excellent customer service.

Hope never to damage mine, but if I do I will try that smile and grovel that others have mentioned.

mrquod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope the guy that is growling about poor customer service is still reading on the forum. I think the positives with Apple run about 99 to 1. What a wonderful way to ensure loyalty to new users of the Ipad2. JMHO

Ever wondered how cheap an iPad might be without that level of customer service? ;)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Ever wondered how cheap an iPad might be without that level of customer service? ;)

I do not know how to answer this, but I do not think it is true at all.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That level of customer service is exactly why Apple is so successful.

You get what you pay for IMO.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That level of customer service is exactly why Apple is so successful.

You get what you pay for IMO.

As Judge Judy says: "PERFECT!":D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Perhaps it's up to the discretion of the local store? I have a colleague who dropped his iPad and cracked the edge of the screen. I told him about the 'once only' exchange policy and he took it in to his local Apple Store and they exchanged it without any hassle at all. He was thrilled - as you can imagine - and had now become an Apple evangelist!!

Tim

Most reactions