What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro 11 inches (2018) - Screen replacement? Help needed.

anikptl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello my dear friends,

I am from India. My brother has an iPad Pro 11 inches (2018 model). Recently, by mistake he stepped one foot onto his iPad after which the entire screen has cracked. He visited the service centre and was quoted a bill of 20K INR for screen replacement.

I am totally unaware about how much an iPad Pro screen replacement costs. I want help from you all.

1. What is the original screen replacement cost for iPad Pro 11 inches (2018 model) ?
2. Is it worth replacing the screen ? Will the newly replaced screen's touch sensitivity & refresh rate of 120 Hz be smooth?
3. If my brother decides to sell it in the current state then what price should we sell it for?
4. How to sign out of Apple ID, erase that ipad & switch off the Find my iPad, iCloud, etc. if the screen isn't working; so that the buyer won't have any problems?
5. How to confirm that only the screen is dead & not the motherboard? Is there any way?

I'll be really thankful to all, if you people help me & my bro to get out of this problem.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the iPad recognized by iTunes when connected to your computer? If so, it means that the logic board is working. As to removing the iPad from Find My iPad, that can be done from any computer with an internet connection.
Your brother can sign in to his iCloud account and remove the iPad from his account. This will get rid of iCloud Activation Lock. As to erasing the iPad, the screen has to be working in order to input the password.

Last edited:
OP
A

anikptl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the iPad recognized by iTunes when connected to your computer? If so, it means that the logic board is working. As to removing the iPad from Find My iPad, that can be done from any computer with an internet connection.
Your brother can sign in to his iCloud account and remove the iPad from his account. This will get rid of iCloud Activation Lock. As to erasing the iPad, the screen has to be working in order to input the password.
Yes. The iPad when connected to my laptop is recognised by iTunes. So, it's just the screen that needs to be replaced.

Thanks a lot for helping me out buddy!

Most reactions