What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving blobs

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you do it with Cydia doing all the work for you? I don't see the option in Cydia, I must be blind. And how do you restore using Cydia if it is saving the blobs for you if you upgrade, how would you be able to access Cydia to access your backed up blobs, if that makes sense...

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
How do you do it with Cydia doing all the work for you? I don't see the option in Cydia, I must be blind. And how do you restore using Cydia if it is saving the blobs for you if you upgrade, how would you be able to access Cydia to access your backed up blobs, if that makes sense...

Cydia does it automaticaly, when you open it at the very top of the main page itwill have a message saying if this device has its SHSH backed up.

I personaly save my own copy of my Blobs with the firmware umbrella app.

The Firmware Umbrella

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I never noticed that little print. I was looking for a button or something. So if Cydia has it on file, let's say I accidentally upgraded the device to iOS in the future...if it is stored via Cydia, which you need to jailbreak to get, how would I access my blobs to restore to 3.2?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Thanks, I never noticed that little print. I was looking for a button or something. So if Cydia has it on file, let's say I accidentally upgraded the device to iOS in the future...if it is stored via Cydia, which you need to jailbreak to get, how would I access my blobs to restore to 3.2?
Cydia auto backs up your blob to Saurik's Server.

The process is very simple all you have to do is to add Saurik’s Server address to your system hosts file. This trick make iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead while the restoring process. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia “on file†feature. In simple words this duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple’s signature server, except using “on file†results rather than live request.

Note:

This process is only for those who saved their SHSH to Cydia Server already.
Don’t use this procedure for 3.0.1, because Saurik Server do not have signatures for 3.0.1
Read the process and Saurik post two-three times before starting the process.
iPhone unlockers note that by doing this you can downgrade your firmware only, your baseband is still at 05.12.01 which is un-hacked at the moment.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How dok i do what you described? Do you have a link so you don't type it out I could just read it....

I'm already backed up on cydia so the note doesn't apply right?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
How dok i do what you described? Do you have a link so you don't type it out I could just read it....

I'm already backed up on cydia so the note doesn't apply right?
Downgrade iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 With Cydia SHSH | jailbreak

The blob is used to downgrade if you for some reason upgrade to a new firmware that has no jailbreak. This however will not save you from BaseBand upgrades meaning even if you downgrade firmware and are able jailbreak agian you may not be able to UNLOCK any more.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But the baseband doesn't apply to the WiFi iPad, right?

Thanks for all your help mike I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Latest posts