What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problems

bhupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. I just bought an IPAD2 in the US and got back home in australia. I am frustrated since safari greys out for ALL searches, and does not allow any interaction with the screen. Ditto for all websites. Please HELP. Bhupi

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. I just bought an IPAD2 in the US and got back home in australia. I am frustrated since safari greys out for ALL searches, and does not allow any interaction with the screen. Ditto for all websites. Please HELP. Bhupi

Can you connect to the Internet successfully with other apps - such as iPad's native Mail app? i.e. it's just a problem with Safari.

Tim

bhupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I got my brand new ipad2, and am having serious problems with it from day 1. First: all google searches lead to the screen going all grey with all touch interaction lost. Second, the screen is permanently fixed in one direction, and does not rotate when the ipad is turned around. Can anybody please help? Thanks. Bhupi, Adelaide, australia.

bhupi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail is ok. There is a bbc icon on the screen, which too is working fine, including touch screen for all news from that. It is the safari that is problematical. Bhupi

Reaction score
bhupi said:
Hi. I got my brand new ipad2, and am having serious problems with it from day 1. First: all google searches lead to the screen going all grey with all touch interaction lost. Second, the screen is permanently fixed in one direction, and does not rotate when the ipad is turned around. Can anybody please help? Thanks. Bhupi, Adelaide, australia.

To get around the grey Safari screen, an iPad reboot is advisable:

-press the power/wake/sleep button for 5 sec, then slide to power off

As for the screen orientation being fixed, you may have the orientation lock on. In the top-right corner, does it show an arrow forming a circle around a closed lock? Because that is the indicator that the orientation lock is on.

So to turn the orientation lock off,

- double click the home button, to enter the multitasking bar
-slide left
-press the orientation button located in the left lower corner.

Most reactions