What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari iPad 2 problem

Too Tall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.

iPad 2 4.3.3. JB.

Wanted to start surfing with Safari. Swiped up to change apps, and couldn't find it. Odd since I'd been using it just a little while before. Relaunch. Swipe up, change to another app, swipe up, no Safari icon...

Went into settings, where I know there's a Safari option (between Mail and iPod). And it's gone! No way to open the Safari options. It works fine, I just have to relaunch it from the icon on the Springboard.

I've been installing a number of apps from Cydia, but nothing at the moment the problems started. I had the Safari remove cache SBSettings extension, and removed that but that doesn't do anything either.

I backed up the iPad, restored to a backup 2 days ago (and I would have noticed it not working, so I'm sure it still worked then), and it still doesn't show.

Any ideas? Any ways to re-install Safari?

OP
T

Too Tall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDIT fixed...

I placed a bookmark on my springboard as "safari", it opened a personalised homepage directely. I still had the normal Safari icon on my springboard. I wanted to remove it, so I unchecked it in SBSettings "hide icons". This worked for about 2 weeks. Since 20 minutes ago it failed, and incurred the problem above.

I just unticked the Safari icon in the "hide icon" list, it re-appeared, Safari is back in the settings menu and its back in the switch app bar..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know - it's always good to hear when problems have been resolved - even if we were not able to fix it ...:(

Tim

Most reactions