What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problem.... Help!

Duplooy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I have searched hi and low on how to get safari to work properly on my iPad. I have found some other threads regarding this matter and some suggestions were given to solve the problem... wish I have tried but the problem is still there. Let me explain my version of the on going safari problems going around.

I purchased my iPad not to long ago (about 4 weeks now) and everything on it works 100% how ever I am having problems with safari. As soon as I open the app on the home screen or click on a link in my downloaded google web browser, it opens safari, stays open for a few seconds and then closes showing me the home screen again. I have tried a soft reset (by pressing type power button as well as the home button in for 10 seconds till the apple logo appears) and that didn't work. So I went into the settings in the ipad and did a reset all applications settings there, and that did not work. So I connected my iPad to my laptop with the latest iTunes program, and tried a restore, that did not help either. As I have said, Safari opens up for a few seconds and then closes immediately with out any error messages or nothing. I am a bit confused on what might be the problem with this program, and it has been doing since I purchased this iPad. I have not "hacked" or "jailbreak" my iPad as I have seen posted on the forums to some previous people.

Is there any one having the same problem as I am? If so, what did you do to rectify this problem? And if not, is there any way to reinstall safari or change the default browser to like say google or other browsers? Or just fix this little trouble maker.

I would really appreciate it if some one can shed some light on this little predicament.

Kind regards
Duplooy

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Have you tried clearing the History, Cache and Cookies from the Safari Settings?

There is no way to reinstall Safari or make another browser default. You can restore to a previous working copy of your iPad using iTunes.

Also, have you updated to 4.3 yet? That may take care of the issue.

OP
D

Duplooy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I didn't see there was a software update for my iPad.
After updating my iPads software, I braced myself by opening safari...... And.... it works!!!!

Thank you again for pointing that out for me.

nitaboc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
updates

How do you know if there is an update available?

Most reactions

Latest posts