What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari problems

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
Hi, I'm à new user and still wundering about all the options. I have Some problems with Safari. Sometimes it gets dark ore gray en nothing seems te work anymore. I found out that closing the app and clearing memory and disconnect solves the problem but I don't understand what is going on......please help me out...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Snadaa said:
Hi, I'm à new user and still wundering about all the options. I have Some problems with Safari. Sometimes it gets dark ore gray en nothing seems te work anymore. I found out that closing the app and clearing memory and disconnect solves the problem but I don't understand what is going on......please help me out...

is it always the same websites?

what firmware is your iPad? if 3.x, it could be that the safari app in that version is too old and doesn't fully support that website,in which case, update to 4.x

OP
S

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
Hi, The problem is not to relate with some specific sites and i have the latest ipad and firmware. Is it possible that it has something to do with my bad wifi connection.....

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Snadaa said:
Hi, The problem is not to relate with some specific sites and i have the latest ipad and firmware. Is it possible that it has something to do with my bad wifi connection.....

why do you say you wifi connection is bad?

even with 1 bar it should load sites properly, unless someone nearby is using a microwaves or something that is effecting the signal, I say this because whenever someone uses the microwave in my house, my wifi dies :(

Reaction score
Wytey said:
even with 1 bar it should load sites properly, unless someone nearby is using a microwaves or something that is effecting the signal, I say this because whenever someone uses the microwave in my house, my wifi dies :(

Your Wifi is most likely running on the 2.4GHz band. If your wifi router supports the 5GHz band, you could change it to that and the wifi should be unaffected from microwaving.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Your Wifi is most likely running on the 2.4GHz band. If your wifi router supports the 5GHz band, you could change it to that and the wifi should be unaffected from microwaving.

sadly 2.4 only

pfft, now that I've complained about it, wifi on iPad is working with microwave being used... bloody typical lol

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, restarting the iPad is always worth a try.

Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, and power off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Besides outright glitches, the grey screen appears for several reasons.

Sometimes is it simply incompatible content from the website. This isn't all that common, but if you're browsing habits happen to take you those sites a lot, then I might be often for you.

Some types of popups do this. To prevent this go into Settings app >> Safari, and disable popups.

I've had advertisements do this. The kind that cover all or most of the web page, but for some reason don't count as popups so they are not blocked. When this happens a careful examination of the screen (you may have to scroll to the top right) shows an standard x-in-a-box to close. Tapping on it will usually close the advertisement.

And other times it just happens. All you can do is restart and try again. For most of us it's a rare thing. I'm hoping a restart will turn it back into a rare problem for you.

OP
S

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
i just restarted my ipad, changing the g-band is no option..... Only 2.4 Ghz, so now just waithing if my problem is solved. I mentioned about the band wifi connection cause I often have to restart my connection when disfunctioning. I already changed to de G band but it dit not solve this problem. I' m wundering if the problems interact?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Snadaa said:
i just restarted my ipad, changing the g-band is no option..... Only 2.4 Ghz, so now just waithing if my problem is solved. I mentioned about the band wifi connection cause I often have to restart my connection when disfunctioning. I already changed to de G band but it dit not solve this problem. I' m wundering if the problems interact?

if it is intermittent and random websites, it could just be the website is busy or your Internet connection to the ISP is bogged down

OP
S

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
I'm getting desperate. I still have to close down my wifi connection to get acces to the internet. After reconnecting I can browse to every site even download mail or getting acces to this forum. It is strange cause the wifi symbol is indicating that I have a connection but I can't get acces..... Help

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Snadaa said:
I'm getting desperate. I still have to close down my wifi connection to get acces to the internet. After reconnecting I can browse to every site even download mail or getting acces to this forum. It is strange cause the wifi symbol is indicating that I have a connection but I can't get acces..... Help

what make and model is your router, as that is the only other thing I can think of, a firmware update? as it sounds like the connection is going to sleep due to inactivity, but is then not detecting active and reawakening.

do you have access to another router to try out?

OP
S

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
It is totaly unpredictable when my connection breaks down, sometimes after 2 minutes, somethimes after starting up the ipad but not altways...????

I have a sitecom router.... I just installed a range extender, 2,4 Ghz, G band, channel 6 ( so no problems with the surrounding) now I'm wundering if I have a steady connection and if it keeps steady.... Keep in contact!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
when did you install the range extender? as that might be the cause

when it locks up, is the router overly warm?

OP
S

Snadaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.arjanaanraad.nl
Haha, a misunderstandign, I installed the extender just 2 hours ago hoping to solve the problem. Now 2 hours later I still have a good connection and no problems ( I just don't try to tell jet)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Snadaa said:
Haha, a misunderstandign, I installed the extender just 2 hours ago hoping to solve the problem. Now 2 hours later I still have a good connection and no problems ( I just don't try to tell jet)

hope your connection stays good

prolly just one of those unexplainable happenings

Most reactions

Latest posts