What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop connection app

Kursac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there such a thing? I have not found one yet that is the same as on the PC. I am able to access my company server through the Internet on my PC this way but have not found a way to do it with the iPad yet. Has anyone had any success doing this.
Thanks
Charlie

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quizzer2093 said:
You can either use gotomypc, they have an awesome app for the iPad to connect to your work PC. It is not free thorough.

Or for personal use you can use teamviewer, which is free for personal use

I have used Teamviewer and it works great. And yes it is free for personal use.

tmk824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking all over last night bc needed to connect to my work computer which I do all the time on my laptop with Windows Remote Desktop tool but the computer was tied up and I knew I'd need it for an extended period of time. My google search to find an answer led me here which led me to iTap RPD app and it worked as close to perfectly as you could expect using an iPad for remote desktop connection. It already was worth the $9.99 cost and I will need to use it quite often moving forward.

The quick tutorial was helpful and their full manual was good for learning as you go. I was not expecting to have a great experience bc I had to connect to a pretty intricate software we use at my law firm, but I needed to get work on a file done so I was willing to put up with whatever I had to but this was a pleasant surprise. I don't know if it works universally across all platforms but all I had to do was type in the IP Address of my work comp and done.

Hope that helps bc the person I know it was a lifesaver for me and I read it in a post like this.

Zoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed VNC Server edition (free) on my PC and on my iPad and iPhone I use Remoter VNC from the app store to connect. Works great!

michio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second iTap RDP. I have been using it for over a year. I can control my XP box and my Windows Home Server without a problem. The other great thing is that the developers make updates every few months.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might want to look at Wyse Pocketcloud. I've been testing it, accessing a Windows server on our work network. So far, it looks pretty good.

--Tom--

ricard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michio, when you are connected to your desk top, can you listen to music through your ipad (music that is on your desk top) ??

Matrixboy303

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The GOTOMYPC app is good at that you shal just install it ón your pc/mac and on ipad and then connect

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Jump Desktop. No need for VPN, just install the client software on any machine you want to connect to. It has the choice of either RDP or VNC. If you go the RDP route, you can watch video with sound on your iPad.

ceylan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please I need a RDP app to connect to the office server 2003, But I can not install anything in the Server. So it must be like Windows RDP connection to connect by IP adress.
Thank you in advance.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ceylan said:
Please I need a RDP app to connect to the office server 2003, But I can not install anything in the Server. So it must be like Windows RDP connection to connect by IP adress.
Thank you in advance.

You might want to look at Wyse Pocketcloud. I've been testing it, accessing a Windows server on our work network. So far, it looks pretty good.

--Tom--

Most reactions

Latest posts