What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APP for remote desktop connection

moobox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All
Well, I'm new to the forum and new to Apple and IPAD. So, I was thinking that I should be able to use the IPAD for some of the stuff that I have always used my laptop for. And one of those things is to remote desktop to Windows servers to do maintenance on SAP systems and databases. Does anyone do this and what app do you use to? I have setup th VPN for accessing the remote site but not sure about the remote desktop side of things.

Cheers - Ed

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All
Well, I'm new to the forum and new to Apple and IPAD. So, I was thinking that I should be able to use the IPAD for some of the stuff that I have always used my laptop for. And one of those things is to remote desktop to Windows servers to do maintenance on SAP systems and databases. Does anyone do this and what app do you use to? I have setup th VPN for accessing the remote site but not sure about the remote desktop side of things.

Cheers - Ed

I use "Jump Remote Desktop" daily for this. I run 3 servers and have tried many RDP apps but Jump is the only one that works the way I need it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Teamviewer.

It would seem to have good options. :)

noodle24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LogMeIn works really well, and I only have an iPad 1. It's free for the basic features you most likely need. Be careful though, if you're on a laptop it can sometimes mess up your brightness functionality and make you unable to change it! If that happens, just uninstall it and try another one of the tools suggested above.

p444ete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop streamer 2 and Remote is the way to go and by far the easiest to setup. I've been using this for remotely connecting to my home and work pc without any issues

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious why people use a 3rd party app, that consumes more pc resources, rather than using the built in rdp in windows?

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which version of windows are you running? I see server in your post but which version is it?

Most reactions

Latest posts