What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registry?

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there one or the equvilnant in this os?something you should clean up from time to time for better performance?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
No there is not.

also, since your talking about the registry i'm guessing you are a windows user. Cleaning up the registry on windows PC's should not be done often and doesn't increase performance.

Also there is no need to defrag on the iOS or Mac OSX.

stevebostedor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadshow.com
Popular defrag programs work great for both operating systems. All modern popular file systems fragment despite marketing materials. Give it a try sometime to see for yourself. :)

We should be clear that defragmenting programs not only make clusters contiguous, they also put partnering files close to each other on the disk. This is not something handled well by either OS under high disk activity.

Last edited:

stevebostedor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadshow.com
What I meant by "both operating systems" was Windows and OSX. There is no need to defragment the iPad or iPhone because they use a type of flash called NAND. That doesn't suffer from the same fragmentation issues as a spindle media like hard disks do.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks.I'm Apple ignorant.As well as just plain ignorant.

Is it worth rebooting from time to time then?

Most reactions

Latest posts