What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloated registry?

marioG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my PC downloading/installing program's bloats the registry and stays that way even if I delete what I installed. Bloating the registry slows down my PC.
Now I download lots of apps on my IPad just to test them and usually delete them later.
Does the IPad Air have a registry which can be bloated thus making it slower in time like what happens on a PC?
Mario

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple's iOS (for iDevices) and OS X (for Macs) does not use a registry, so not a concern.

Now, I was on PCs for 25+ years before switching to Macs last spring (2013) in retirement - there is a LOT of controversy & debate about the Windows registry and whether 'cleaners' should be used (i.e. possibly more harmful that good), so if you are indeed one who 'cleans' their registry, then make sure you know what is being done; I avoided them - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts