What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wifi sync not always working

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a fix.... i used your uninstaller to uninstall itunes...then used crap cleaner registry cleaner then restarted my computer....downloaded itunes again from apple and did a clean instal... been three days now and wifi sync has worked every single time and i gone out of my way and restarted my computer about 15 times and all is well...very surprised that ALL the apple official pages i have been to never once mentioned trying this...it does seem apple is well aware of the issue but they are seemingly trying to blame incompatibility with other software and hardware rather then what i see as faulty itunes updates when a new version of itunes comes out and the auto update down load is installed over top of the older version...i could be wrong but it seems a total uninstall with all registry entries deleted also and a clean reinstall fixed my ongoing issue of wifi sync hardly ever working...I had previously spent hours and hours checking for issues with firewalls and so many other "fixes" recommended on official apple threads that i was just getting ready to forget the idea of ever really being able to use wifi sync for my apple devices.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I probably need to do this as I can only sync my iPod touch 4 wirelessly with iTunes. iTunes sees my iPad 2 but then loses the connection when I start to sync. I then plug in and it works fine. It really is not that much of a problem but annoying.

Lattridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found a fix.... i used your uninstaller to uninstall itunes...then used crap cleaner registry cleaner then restarted my computer....downloaded itunes again from apple and did a clean instal... been three days now and wifi sync has worked every single time and i gone out of my way and restarted my computer about 15 times and all is well...very surprised that ALL the apple official pages i have been to never once mentioned trying this...it does seem apple is well aware of the issue but they are seemingly trying to blame incompatibility with other software and hardware rather then what i see as faulty itunes updates when a new version of itunes comes out and the auto update down load is installed over top of the older version...i could be wrong but it seems a total uninstall with all registry entries deleted also and a clean reinstall fixed my ongoing issue of wifi sync hardly ever working...I had previously spent hours and hours checking for issues with firewalls and so many other "fixes" recommended on official apple threads that i was just getting ready to forget the idea of ever really being able to use wifi sync for my apple devices.

Wonder if you would have this problem using a mac?

OP
D

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you read any of web pages where this problem is found even mac usrs are having this issue... aside from the fact that apple says wifi sync will work no matter what your computer is... why should i have to go out and have to buy a 2300PLUS dollar computer to MAYBE make wifi sync work

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts