What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reading in bed - Needing a Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had the Propup since they came out about a year ago. I use it every night in bed to read with, use it to sit Ipad in lap to type, in lap to read or browse without holding Ipad. Strange looking but very light and works really well. I pop out the Ipad to put in case to carry in handbag but at home its always in Propup.

http://propupstore.com/

Diane

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the Propup since they came out about a year ago. I use it every night in bed to read with, use it to sit Ipad in lap to type, in lap to read or browse without holding Ipad. Strange looking but very light and works really well. I pop out the Ipad to put in case to carry in handbag but at home its always in Propup.

PropUp - iPad case & iPad 2 case cradles & protects iPads in portrait & landscape, on a desk & in your lap

Diane

Hadn't seen this product before. Pretty neat. I notice it says it fits "most" iPads with "thin" back covers. Any experience with that?

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I would choose the wedge over the propup. I like having my ipad in a case and the propup doesn't allow that. Every little bit of protection I can get I will use most of the time.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about the Propup with Ipad 2 and case but the original Propup works fine with the Ipad 1 and Apple case. After over a year I haven't found anything better for reading in bed or reading in a chair without holding the ipad. I expect to buy gen 3 and so hope either this one fits or they come out with a new model. Extremely light, extremely easy to pop the Ipad out or into.

Diane B

Padeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spend a good bit of time with iPad when I'm in the bed. I unwind after a long day at work by reading and playing on the iPad, and Im getting ready to order a stand/lap desk for the iPad.

I saw the review of the Padded Spaces prop it up stand, and that's along the lines of what Im looking for.
Home of the Prop It Up? - Padded Spaces

I'm sure there are others who have faced this situation. I figured there would be more options available, but it's been hard to find a desk like that, which will also prop up the iPad in a standing position.

So before I drop the hammer and place my order, I wanted to see if there were any other products similar to the one from Padded spaces I should consider. Also, I will be ordering a new reading pillow for lack of a better term. A big pillow that sits against the headboard and is shaped kind of like the back of a chair, recommendations on that would be great.

Below are a couple of coments I have received from Bweasel iPad Stand users. They value their privacy and do not want me to use their full names or e-mail but they did give me permission to quote their comments. Sorry I can not use their full names or encourage them to publish a review, but their comments below are worth repeating for your consideration.

Dave, an iPad 2 user in Pasadena writes
"My wife, who is using it (Bweasel Stand) with her iPad 1 loves it. It is a bit hard for her to remove and install it but it is very convenient for her, especially on the couch and in bed."

Dave, an iPad 1 user in Maryland says
"I use my Bweasel stand all the time. It's light enough that I don't even bother ever taking it off. I like the fact that the iPad with stand will still fit in the neoprene sleeve. I spent quite a bit of time looking for the right stand or case or cover and I'm very pleased with my purchase, no second thoughts at all. It's particularly good for watching videos in bed."

Until the end of August, the Bweasel iPad 2 stand is offered at an introductory price of $24.95 and then revert to $29.25. Free shipping via first class mail to all US addresses.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like there are a lot of solutions for propping up your iPad, but I really wanted something to use while lying down. That's why I still think the Wizard iPad stand is one of the best for bed use.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if I said that clearly. What I mean is if you are reclining with your head on the pillow, you need something that tilts your iPad screen down.

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's pretty ingenious Adam! If I didn't already have the Wizard, I might attempt it. Every so often I get handy and visit the lumber store. Usually it is just to put up a shelf though.

vinho1976

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite bedtime stand

I have purchased the ePillow and its ok, looks better on site than in person. The only complaint I have is that it blocks the speakers.
Also purhased the Thai Pad and it works well but covers the bottom of screen when iPad is resting on it.
And currently using the Wedge-E holder and happy with its simple design. Does exactly what is supposed to do. And the price is reasonable. So far its my favorite.
Hope that helps...

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use my back support pillow, it has two elastic strips that i can hang my ipad2 case with... it's very comfortable using it while reading/typing in bed, or the sofa

image-2365401519.png

yeah!

AceOfThumbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the same place I got my Wizard stand. I have to admit the Mantis looks a little more versatile. It's a tough call to say which is better.

I guess if I wanted something that I could use standing up, the Mantis would be the way to go. The Wizard isn't tall enough to use standing. For use in bed or a couch, though, the Wizard works great and it's quite a bit cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions