What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LapDawg o-Stand? Anybody check this out (or own one)

HiredGuns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys,

So i've been researching on what type of stand to get for my iPad HD and i stumbled onto this today. o-Stand - A Universal Kindle, Android Tablet, iPad Stand & Holder | LapDawg.com

I haven't seen or found any reviews on it but i guess it's new. It looks pretty cool, has removable flexy metallic legs and you can shape it to use it on a desk, chair or bed. Looks solid but at $80.00 i need more opinioins before i buy!

thanks,

HG

OStand-177.jpg OStand-246.jpgOStand-104.jpg

OP
H

HiredGuns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, when you get a chance let me know how it is.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrived today. Comes in two parts -- the octopus legs part and the bracket that holds your tablet or ereader. Bracket snaps on in seconds. I started using it out of the box within a few minutes. It seems well made. Includes an Allen wrench so you can remove legs as needed.

The whole setup -- with the stand holding iPad or whatever device -- will jiggle a little as you type or turn a page, just because any such setup would. I also would expect it to jiggle if you're on a mattress or sofa, because you're going to move and move the mattress or sofa at the same time. If you don't move, it's fine.

Two or three months ago, I bought a Levo iPad stand and like that, but the arm is only so long, so it can't reach if you're in the middle of a bed or reach the side of the recliner that I prefer to lean against (I have no floor clearance on one side because I've got a table there). I got the LapDawg OStand for those kind of uses, and I probably will buy another for my vacation house since this one turned out well.

The best things for me about OStand: It puts your tablet at eye level, which all the cushioned stand devices I've seen don't. (I'm not craning my neck so I can look down on my tablet or ereader, which is sure to lead to neck problems with any extended use.)

I can see many uses for this device, which is portable. I can take it from inside to outside easily, so I can move from my recliner to my bed, or to a chaise lounge outside, for instance. Because it has adjustable heights and angles, it doesn't matter what height the seating position I'm in.

I also like that i can use it for my Kindle e-ink, Kindle Fire or iPad 1 or 2, or whatever I buy later tablets-wise.

Thumbs up.

Last edited:
OP
H

HiredGuns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the review kaykaykay.....i'm gonna order one now.

One thing how far can you bend it? (can you make the legs go into a ball?)

Cheers.

Arrived today. Comes in two parts -- the octopus legs part and the bracket that holds your tablet or ereader. Bracket snaps on in seconds. I started using it out of the box within a few minutes. It seems well made. Includes an Allen wrench so you can remove legs as needed.

The whole setup -- with the stand holding iPad or whatever device -- will jiggle a little as you type or turn a page, just because any such setup would. I also would expect it to jiggle if you're on a mattress or sofa, because you're going to move and move the mattress or sofa at the same time. If you don't move, it's fine.

Two or three months ago, I bought a Levo iPad stand and like that, but the arm is only so long, so it can't reach if you're in the middle of a bed or reach the side of the recliner that I prefer to lean against (I have no floor clearance on one side because I've got a table there). I got the LapDawg OStand for those kind of uses, and I probably will buy another for my vacation house since this one turned out well.

The best things for me about OStand: It puts your tablet at eye level, which all the cushioned stand devices I've seen don't. (I'm not craning my neck so I can look down on my tablet or ereader, which is sure to lead to neck problems with any extended use.)

I can see many uses for this device, which is portable. I can take it from inside to outside easily, so I can move from my recliner to my bed, or to a chaise lounge outside, for instance. Because it has adjustable heights and angles, it doesn't matter what height the seating position I'm in.

I also like that i can use it for my Kindle e-ink, Kindle Fire or iPad 1 or 2, or whatever I buy later tablets-wise.

Thumbs up.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the review kaykaykay.....i'm gonna order one now.

One thing how far can you bend it? (can you make the legs go into a ball?)

Cheers.

You're welcome. Not sure what you by making legs go into a ball....

Most reactions