What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about registering new IPAD

desidude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello friends,

I am back with another question! So here is the deal...

I currently live in India and was gifted an IPAD 3G 64GB. Here in India we do not have Apple support or an ITunes store.

I have a US Credit Card and a US Address, so I guess I will setup my ITunes with a US account.

My question is where can I register my IPAD for warranty service? Is the warranty global or only valid in the country I register it in? Also, can I extend the warranty after 1 yr?

Obviously Singapore is closer if I need to send it there for repairs...

I would appreciate any help on understanding the warranty and where I should register.

Thanks for your help,
desidude

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know you can purchase the AppleCare after the year is up, they actually encourage you to do so. If I'm not mistaken, you can purchase the AppleCare on Apple's website.

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found you can call Apple Support ( if you reach a US number) at 800-694-7466 and get straight answers to questions such as this. They are good about giving candid answers. As has been mentioned Apple Care Support is a pretty good deal. If you even have non-warranty damage to the device they will still sell you a replacement at a significant discount. To get hardware support, you can either take the device to an Apple Store Genius bar, or ship the device to them via FEDEX, or whatever. I guess if you could get the device to your US address, you could use that as a shipping address with Apple for support purposes.

OP
D

desidude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your help and answers,

Regards,
desidude

Most reactions