What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about warranty..

nicolabc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying an iPad from ebay, and the seller is from another country. So the iPad will be from a UK retailer, or a UK owner but new.(I'll try get it from Europe rather than US for safer postage) and I'm in Europe. Is the warranty valid and the same as if I bought it locally, and starts from when I activate it with iTunes? And when I need it, I can just take it to the Apple Store right? Or back to the sender?
Thanks in advance

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying an iPad from ebay, and the seller is from another country. So the iPad will be from a UK retailer, or a UK owner but new.(I'll try get it from Europe rather than US for safer postage) and I'm in Europe. Is the warranty valid and the same as if I bought it locally, and starts from when I activate it with iTunes? And when I need it, I can just take it to the Apple Store right? Or back to the sender?
Thanks in advance

If you buy an iPad from anywhere other than an authorized Apple retailer, the warranty starts when the original purchaser bought the iPad, not when they sold it to you. It's entirely possible to buy an unused iPad in a sealed box, with an expired warranty.

Adagio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under EU law if a buyer buys as a consumer from a seller selling in the course of a business then the contract is with the seller who is responsible for the quality and durability of the goods.

OP
nicolabc

nicolabc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you had to take it to apple store if somethong went wrong, would you have to show them a reciept and prove that ypu bought it from there, or they just need the serial number ? Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience with buying an iPhone on one continent and taking it to an Apple store on another continent: I was never asked to prove that I'd bought it, much less where I bought it. No receipt needed.

I bought an iPhone in Asia, broke it and took it to an Apple store in the U.S. Apple took care of me and never asked ownership or purchase questions.

Most reactions