What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbroken Ipad 2 32gig Wifi ok to Register?

chris1289

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys ive been searching online for an answer to my question but havent been able to find one so far but maybe you guys can help me out. My Stepdad just picked up an Ipad 2 32gig wifi model. He got all excited and decided to go straight to jailbreakme.com without registering it or connecting it to itunes first. My question is since i cant restore it ( Cydia only has an shsh for ios 4.3.5 even though his ios is 4.33) is it safe to go ahead and register it on itunes so that his warranty can take affect?

---Chris

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I did not know it was possible to jailbreak before you activated and registered the iPad.

At any rate, the warrantee is good whether you register or not. Though it does help speed up the help process if you are registered. You can try registering the iPad online through Apple's product registration page. I won't guarantee this will work (I've never registered an iPad this way), but don't' see any reason why not.

https://register.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/GlobaliReg.woa

Most reactions

Latest posts