What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with Ibooks

OP
T

TracySC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankyou twerppoet you were correct I wasn't seeing it in the multi task bar due to it being open - I have now closed it and undertake the suggestion by giradman and removed it from there and re opened the main app on screen.

Ok all that is done - and still no different - the circle at the top right keeps going round and round and I am unable to do edit anything - which is frustrating as I have some pdf's that I wish to add to my collection... now not sure what I can do other than throw my IPad out of the window!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry Tracy - please review my post #13 and make sure that your indeed did a proper 'reset' of the iPad? You might also want to explain that 'rotating circle' - not quite clear to me - I'm assuming that iBooks is opened and the circle (w/ arrows?) is spinning around an option of sorts?

If you are unsuccessful w/ the 'reset', then I guess the next option is to delete iBooks and re-install; the handling of your books/PDFs/etc. is a bit tricky - take a look at THIS THREAD from the forum from the middle of last year. Hopefully, others may 'chime in' w/ more suggestions - good luck! Dave :)

logan333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm having the same problem. The "rotating circle" thing is like the hourglass thing for a mouse pointer, showing that iBooks is thinking, it appears where the Edit button is normally. I've reset the app, rebooted my iPad and I still have it. Using iTunes I attempted to delete some stuff, I thought it was clogging up the memory, had like 23gb of books on a 32gb iPad 2, cleared up 4.8gb of space. No luck, although I can still see the books iTunes claims it removed from the iPad, although if I try to open one there is a rotating circle on that, if I try to open books I didn't remove they open normally.

Most reactions