What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid for iBook but it is not downloading

Raf918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am having an issue with an iBook I purchased today. I have an iPad 2 with iOS 6 and the newest version of
iBooks. On my purchased menu I see the book and it shows that it is downloading but it isn't, like its frozen.
I did the force Quit and sign in sign out but it still will not download. I can't cancel it because the "downloading" icon is
grayed out. iBooks took my money and I'm a little frustrated right now. I even was able to download other books no
problem after the fact so I don't know what to do. Please help me :mad:

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Did you try to delete the purchased book inside iBook? (Long tap until the x appears and it twiggles, then tapping the x)? After that force close iBooks, restart the iPad, check you have sufficient space for the book - then you should be able to re-download it from the purchased items....

Otherwise try downloading it through iTunes...

OP
R

Raf918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Nothing worked until I downloaded it to iTunes from a desktop and transfer it to my iPad. I almost never use iTunes on a desktop so I have been just running around in circles with my iPad. Thank you for your fast response.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome on board to our forums. I suspect you have a poor Internet access which is why the iBook is not down loading try again at another time or refresh the wifi connection.

Most reactions