What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks not working with "Best in Travel 2011"

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the free "Lonely Planet Best in Travel 2011" from the iBook store, but when I open the book in iBooks, all it displays is a little icon that looks like a chrome cloud. The iBooks controls are there when I first open the book, so I can go back to the library and bring up the ToC, but if the controls disappear after a moment, they won't come back.

I'm running 4.2.1 with the greenpoison jb. I fixed the iBook anti-DRM measure with the hunnypot fix described here:
Fix iBooks issue in iOS 4.2.1 after Jailbreak with Grenpois0n | jailbreak

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just checking, you have rebooted the iPad after the fix is applied in Cydia?
If that does not work try removing and redownloading the book into iBooks.

OP
F

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried rebooting, and that didn't work. I'll remove the book next. Stupid question: How do I do that? I tried long clicking on it, but the little red x didn't pop up. Is there some other method of removing books?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you remove it on a sync with iTunes. Then sync it back again?

OP
F

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, got it. By hitting the "Edit" button on the upper right hand corner, I could then select the book and delete it. Then I went back into the store, downloaded a fresh copy, and it worked. Odd that Apple would have a UI inconsistency like that, but I've got iBooks working again, so I'm iHappy.

Thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts