What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems ordering the new iPad from the Apple Store?

Rineybree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems actually getting an iPad added to their cart? I click on the model that I want, and a purple box shows around my choice, but nothing happens after that.

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Took me about an hour but just completed my order.

Personalized iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB - Black (3rd generation)
iPad Smart Cover - Leather - Black

anniedew87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does this mean that so many people are trying to get one right now that it's only letting a certain amount? I keep getting error messages.. all I want is to pre order the new ipad!!!

OP
R

Rineybree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So when you click on the model that you want, what is supposed to happen next? is it supposed to automatically advance to the next screen or is there something else I have to click on?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
When you click on the model off to the right there its a summary screen that will show the price and a BUY button. I found that it took ten minutes from choosing the model until that BUY button appeared. Then I was afraid to choose a Smartcover because the next (accessories) page loaded very poorly as if the style sheet did not load. But the order went through and I got my confirmation email. Yay!

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the preorder........finally!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

georgeacosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was having an extreme lag time trying to pre-order my iPad 3. Did the Google Chrome suggestion work for anyone else?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't get on the UK site, has anyone managed to get on.

Hi Saphire-I just went onto the Apple store myself on the US side and it took a very long time to load. I wanted to see if that would help you. I am not sure how it would work if you were to order from a US store vs. a UK store. All I can say is just have patience-which I know you have had these last couple of hours!

Good luck. :)

OP
R

Rineybree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I got it. Apparently you just have to click and wait.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, still refreshing but still saying, will be back soon.

Well I hope that your patience pays off soon! I will be waiting for your post in the "I just pre-ordered my iPad3!" thread after you get it!

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is getting frustrating now I thought I had ordered the 64gb but when I went to checkout it switched to the US site so wouldn't allow me to pay.

Most reactions

Latest posts